Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #3

You're on Page 15 of 35
Go to
  • Does anyone have a meatloaf receipe to share?
  • Thanks so much for this recipe! I've been looking for a "mashed potato" recipe- that's one of the foods I miss dearly!
  • Quote: Sorry, Just saw this, it's hard keeping track of people who comment on your comments, the cauliflower was cooked. I grab the kind that I can warm in microwave. I am going to have it Friday for lunch at work! yum.
    Thank you Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, my husband who is being really supportive of me while I'm doing this really misses mashed potatoes , now I can make this for him so he won't miss it too terribly
    Celeste
  • Quote: Hello,

It's not really a recipe, it's just that I found it to be so yummy: Kale ships

After washing the kale, I use the 1 tsp of olive oil and coat them as evenly as possible, sprinkle them with sea salt, put them in the oven and bake. Once they become brownish, I take them out and enjoy.

Loved them, I would sure make them again.
    These taste like my favorite potato chips - love them!
  • Quote: oh so easy to do... cook ground hamburger, add chili powder, chopped jalapeno, cumin, smoked paprika, and add about 1/2 cup water simmer until all the water is gone. While that is going on, dice onions, tomatoes, peppers. When meat is done, take romane lettuce leaves and use them as a taco shell. I have a recipe in recipes 3 for tomatillo salsa, I also make a taco pizza with the above ingrediences. recipe is in this link somewhere. Hope that helps, next time I make it I will write down the amount of everything I use, and try to get a picture... it is so good and then the left overs can be used for taco salad the next day.
    Can you tell me where's your tomatillo salsa recipe - I looked through all the threads but couldn't find it
    Thanks
  • Sausage & Chicken Gumbo
    Got this from an Ideal Protein Facebook page. thought I would share

Sausage & Chicken Gumbo (phase 1-4) serves 3
    *1 (3 1/2-ounce) finely chopped cauliflower (like rice)
    *1 packet IP Chicken soup (un-prepared)
    *2 tablespoons olive oil
    *1 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
    *1 cup frozen cut okra
    *2 cups chopped celery
    *1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
    *1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    *1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
    *2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
    *8 ounces turkey kielbasa, cut into 1-inch pieces
    *1 small can diced tomatoes
    *1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    Combine soup packet and olive oil in a Dutch oven; saute over medium heat 3 minutes. Add first 6 ingredients (through red pepper); cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
    Stir in chicken, kielbasa, tomatoes, and broth; cook 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over cauliflower rice
  • Pumpkin-free Pumpkin Pie
    PUMPKIN-FREE PUMPKIN PIE (IP Butterscotch Pudding): Enjoy the delicious taste of Pumpkin Pie in either a thick pudding or a creamy iced frappacino. Perfect for the holidays...or any day! The Butterscotch & spices really do taste like you are cheating with the real thing.

Ingredients:
    1 packet IP Butterscotch Pudding
    16 oz (2 cups) cold water for drink / 8 oz (1 cup) cold water for pudding
    1 packet Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener
    1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
    (You can make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice by mixing
    •1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    •1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
    •1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    •1/8 teaspoon ground allspice)
    Ice (if making drink)

Directions:
    1. In a blender, add water, butterscotch pudding, spices and sweetener.
    2. Blend.
    3. If making a drink, add 3-4 ice cubes.
    4. Pour into cup or glass and sprinkle a little more pumpkin pie spice on top.

(Other Phases may also want to add a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream if they are feeling especially wicked, but it tastes great without it.)

NOTE: Torani & Da Vinci both make sugar-free pumpkin syrups.
  • Chicken ala King
    Chicken ala King
    (phase 1-4)
    *4 cups cooked chicken or turkey
    *1 small green pepper, chopped (about 3 oz)
    *1 packet IP mushroom soup (prepared
    *4 to 6 oz fresh chopped mushrooms
    *3 Tablespoons olive oil
    *¼ teaspoon black pepper
    *1 packet of IP chicken soup (un-prepared)
    *1 cup water
    *1¼ cups chicken stock
    *Sea salt
    Heat the oil on medium heat, add the green pepper and mushrooms, and cook until softening. Add black pepper.
    Add the IP chcken soup packet(un-prepared). Cook for 2 minutes before adding liquids.
    Add IP Mushroom soup (pre-pared) and 1 cup water and 1 1/2 cups chicken stock. Add sea salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes.
    Add chicken/turkey. Heat through.
    Serving Suggestions: Serve over "Cauli-Rice" if you like.
    Serves 4
  • Pudding Waffles! Sweet AND Savory - 2 recipes
    Sweet Waffle Recipe

So I'm sure everyone knows about the pudding cakes, but I find they are gone really quick and am always disappointed how they deflate after baking.

So I saw a recipe for cookies where you put the cookie batter in a waffle iron and you can make cookies in 90 seconds!

Gave me the idea to put my pudding cake batter in a waffle iron!! I don't know if anyone has tried this but they came out GREAT!! Crispy and light - two big waffles unrestricted!

So I thought I would share just in case anyone wanted to try! I make vanilla (and ate them like cake - put a little walden farms chocolate syrup and fat free whip cream on them - but the walden farms pancake syrup would be great too I'm sure for breakfast time!)

My Pudding Cake Waffle Recipe:

1 IP Pudding Packet
    1/4 cup of egg whites
    2 oz of water
    1 tsp of vanilla extract
    Pinch of baking powder
    Pinch of nutmeg
    Pinch of sea salt
    1 splenda packet (optional)

Combine and put into a waffle iron after heated up and sprayed with non-stick spray - for 4 minutes (or until done depending on your iron). Top with syrup and enjoy! Yum yum!

Savory Waffle Bread Recipe

More experimenting with waffles! I made the waffles as bread for a sandwich!!

The bread will come out a little sweet, but honestly I didn't even notice! Plus it makes A HUGE sandwich with THICK 'bread'! I put grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, and WF Balsamic Vinaigrette on it and it was great! I got this idea from a sandwich shop that JUST opened up where I work. They specialize in specifically making waffle sandwiches! They can be both savory and sweet! Who knew?

My Pudding Cake Savory Waffle Recipe

1 Vanilla Pudding IP Packet
    1/4 cup of egg whites
    2 oz of water
    Pinch of baking powder
    Pinch of sea salt

Directions: Then add in your favorite spices! I added garlic powder, parsley, pepper, etc. They will tone down the sweetness of the vanilla pudding.

Combine and put into a waffle iron after heated up and sprayed with non-stick spray - for 4 minutes (or until done depending on your iron). Something great to bite into for once on this diet - and UNRESTRICTED! Yay!

• I made a separate thread to ask this,(I know,I know!) but got no response. Does anyone have any success making the recipes with alternative products? When I was going to the clinic I really didn't eat very many of their products as originally planned, I used them in recipes from these threads. But now i am using alternative products and they don't seem to work at all in the recipes. Did anyone else find that?
    Pat
  • What is the recipe for pudding cakes?
  • can you say awesome!! this is just what i needed to change things up a little bit. been on diet since june 8, and need some more variety or new variety ( whatever) made one w/lemon and nutmeg and one w/ butterscotch pudding and pumpkin pie spice eating this one for repair snack. yum the first one will be breakfast. and on another note i made the zuchini w/ wf apple butter and lemon, absolutely delishioso. lise

pudding waffles yum
  • Maybe someone else has done this. I mixed some WF peanut butter, the crispy cereal and cocoa powder together, made them into balls and rolled them in more cocoa to make chocolate peanut butter balls. I would put some vanilla extract in them if I made them again, or some rum for rum balls - Oh my goodness. I am going to miss baking cookies for Christmas this year.
  • Quote: Sweet Waffle Recipe

So I'm sure everyone knows about the pudding cakes, but I find they are gone really quick and am always disappointed how they deflate after baking.

So I saw a recipe for cookies where you put the cookie batter in a waffle iron and you can make cookies in 90 seconds!

Gave me the idea to put my pudding cake batter in a waffle iron!! I don't know if anyone has tried this but they came out GREAT!! Crispy and light - two big waffles unrestricted!

So I thought I would share just in case anyone wanted to try! I make vanilla (and ate them like cake - put a little walden farms chocolate syrup and fat free whip cream on them - but the walden farms pancake syrup would be great too I'm sure for breakfast time!)

My Pudding Cake Waffle Recipe:

1 IP Pudding Packet
    1/4 cup of egg whites
    2 oz of water
    1 tsp of vanilla extract
    Pinch of baking powder
    Pinch of nutmeg
    Pinch of sea salt
    1 splenda packet (optional)

Combine and put into a waffle iron after heated up and sprayed with non-stick spray - for 4 minutes (or until done depending on your iron). Top with syrup and enjoy! Yum yum!

Savory Waffle Bread Recipe

More experimenting with waffles! I made the waffles as bread for a sandwich!!

The bread will come out a little sweet, but honestly I didn't even notice! Plus it makes A HUGE sandwich with THICK 'bread'! I put grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, and WF Balsamic Vinaigrette on it and it was great! I got this idea from a sandwich shop that JUST opened up where I work. They specialize in specifically making waffle sandwiches! They can be both savory and sweet! Who knew?

My Pudding Cake Savory Waffle Recipe

1 Vanilla Pudding IP Packet
    1/4 cup of egg whites
    2 oz of water
    Pinch of baking powder
    Pinch of sea salt

Directions: Then add in your favorite spices! I added garlic powder, parsley, pepper, etc. They will tone down the sweetness of the vanilla pudding.

Combine and put into a waffle iron after heated up and sprayed with non-stick spray - for 4 minutes (or until done depending on your iron). Something great to bite into for once on this diet - and UNRESTRICTED! Yay!
    Thanks for the waffle recipes. I have been using the IP cereal to make pancakes for several months now and was needing a change. I found your recipes late last night and made it this morning by memory and thought I had remembered the ingredients as your recipe was, but, I used the crushed IP cereal by mistake and not the pudding and it was still very good. I will have to cut the water back if using the cereal as it was quite runny and ran out the sides of the waffle iron but very tasty with the WF syrup on them.What a great change from the pancakes. I am going to make your recipe tomorrow morning, this time with the butterscotch pudding, and then the waffle sandwich when I get some vanilla pudding.
  • Waffles!
    Thanks for the waffle idea! I used the vanilla pudding packet and they turned out great! I just added egg whites, water, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla and sea salt. Served them with two eggs and shredded zuchini. I used the WF syrup too. I attached a picture of the final product.