New here but need to get serious

• I just joined this site today. I have lost 35 pounds on my own over the last few years. I have decided to get serious and try to lose the rest. It will be over 100 pounds to go. I am new at this. I want to learn what I need to do to get this weight off of my body. I am slowly committing suicide by food. I am a life long hater of exercise but I want that to change. I just don't really know what I need to do so I am here to learn and get help.

I don't know about all of these challenges though. Do you think one would be good for me?

• Glad you made it. I join a couple of challenges each month and they really help with staying on plan. There's a bunch of different challenge threads, so consider which would work best for keeping you on track. I usually do daily weigh-ins and an exercise challenge. What's your plan for losing the weight: exercise, proper diet, etc? Those are the types of challenges I would join. The trick with exercise is finding a fun (at least tolerable) workout. If you find one you like (or at least don't hate), you'll be more likely to stick with it. Maybe find a workout buddy, so y'all can keep each other on track (either local/real life or an online buddy). Wish you luck!! Stick with it.. it takes time but persevere and the results will be worth it
  • Thank you. I don't really have a plan yet. I am going to read on here to learn more about what I need to do. I need to just get up and instead of sitting on my tail.
  • Irish & any other lurkers reading this... If you're serious about getting off your butt come join Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp thread. We're an active thread, plenty of daily motivation and lots of challenges going on. Just make Sarge a pledge on Sundays, a promise of how many pounds you'll lose the following week and then DO IT!!!! No excuses! We'll hold you accountable! Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...-camp-8-a.html

Jump in any time...but make a pledge on Sundays.

Sarge

P.S. We're mostly a watching calories and getting off our a** via any sort of exercise kind of group...walking included!
  • Quote: Irish & any other lurkers reading this... If you're serious about getting off your butt come join Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp thread. We're an active thread, plenty of daily motivation and lots of challenges going on. Just make Sarge a pledge on Sundays, a promise of how many pounds you'll lose the following week and then DO IT!!!! No excuses! We'll hold you accountable! Jump in any time...but make a pledge on Sundays.

Sarge

P.S. We're mostly a watching calories and getting off our a** via any sort of exercise kind of group...walking included!
    I may take you up on that offer. I am new at this so accountability might be something I need.