enjoying healthy options in the local chinese. Result!!!

• Something truly incredible has happened. My gran wanted a chinese tonight so I ordered her chow mein and sweet and sour King prawn balls...Do you know what I decided and really enjoyed? 2 table spoons of boiled rice and 1/2 a container of stir fried vegetables with cashew nuts. I then proceeded to pour washing up liquid on the left overs and binned it.

Normally I would have gone for fried rice, chicken in ginger and spring onion, deep fried crispy beef and 8 mini spring rolls. I would have demolished the lot and the rest of every one else's. But I had no problems today, it was amazing!

Just thought I'd share this miraculous moment, as it is a very big step for me now I've actively looked for healthier options. It came to a grand total of 350 calories odd and i'm still within my fat, carb, salt and protein limits
  • Quote: Something truly incredible has happened. My gran wanted a chinese tonight so I ordered her chow mein and sweet and sour King prawn balls...Do you know what I decided and really enjoyed? 2 table spoons of boiled rice and 1/2 a container of stir fried vegetables with cashew nuts. I then proceeded to pour washing up liquid on the left overs and binned it.

Normally I would have gone for fried rice, chicken in ginger and spring onion, deep fried crispy beef and 8 mini spring rolls. I would have demolished the lot and the rest of every one else's. But I had no problems today, it was amazing!

Just thought I'd share this miraculous moment, as it is a very big step for me now I've actively looked for healthier options. It came to a grand total of 350 calories odd and i'm still within my fat, carb, salt and protein limits
    Well done you xXx
    Keep it up
  • Awesome job! I don't know if I would have done nearly as well as you. Chinese has always been a major weakness for me. Way to go!
  • Wow well done you! chinese is majorly my weakness! Lets hope next time my fella decides he's ordering in I'll be able to show the same restraint
  • Well done
  • Well done!
    Glad to see another SlimmingWorld-er aswell! I'm new to it, but I think it's brilliant! (As long as I lose weight with it. :P)
  • I have had Chinese twice since starting my diet. I haven't been as controlled as you I am afraid - but I did manage to stick to a small portion - and boiled rice rather than fried and no batter on the chicken!

Must try the veggies and cashew. What sauce did you go for? I always struggle to know which one would be low fat
  • THATS awesome! One thing I noticed when I was in Blackpool was your local chinese places have better mushroom chicken than ours and their king prawn stir fry are THE BOMB!
  • brill stuff! & i bet you feel a billion times better today than you would of!