NSV - jeans!!

• I have always had a very tough time finding jeans - I am (relatively) small in the hips and thighs and butt, but big in the waist so anything that fits in the waist is too big everywhere else.

When I lost about 40 lbs a couple of years ago, along the way, I found a pair of size 16 jeans that worked. I can't remember exactly what weight I was when I bought them, but I was very excited to wear them, and they even got a little bit too big on me before I started gaining it all back. Today, they finally fit again!!

I have a couple of other pairs, also size 16 but much smaller and no spandex, so that will be a HUGE victory when those fit, that's still a ways off - they never fit even with the 40 lbs the last so I know it will be a while. But I'm still very happy to get back into the ones that fit again right now - it's nice to have at least one pair of jeans that I can wear!
  • Congratulations on fitting into those again, that is such a fabulous feeling!
  • Congratulations!!! What a great feeling to see real solid visible results of all of your hard work. Enjoy your jeans!!!
  • OHHHH, I totally know those jeans. The ONE pair that fits like a dream and is the first to go when you gain weight.

The no spandex jeans sound like a fantastic goal. I have a pair of those... from high school.
  • thank you arctic mama, tea granny and goddess jessica!

It always takes me a while to notice a change in how I look and even in how clothing fits, so it's esp. exciting to get to see that difference in jeans!
  • i love that feeling i wore a pair of those "i love how they fit" jeans today.

i'm in the same boat april... big waist, smaller hips (my hips are only 3 inches more than my waist) and pretty much NO butt so the jeans always fit kinda baggy in those areas if they fit around my waist. so i know EXACTLY how you feel. congrats!
  • Oh man I love a pair of good fitting jeans, they just make you feel sexy!