July Feathers Chat

You're on Page 15 of 15
Go to
  • Nice job, Philana, and Happy belated birthday! Hope it was fun.

TheManekiNeko, ooh, congrats on the comment about your toned legs! That's exciting.

good luck with the cardio, Dorian (and sumire)

Looks like a few of us have had some eating slips lately. I sure have. I had a stressful week at work, and I took it out on the vending machines. I am a huge fan of peanut butter M&Ms. This weekend has been much much better, and I got two good bike rides in, too. I think next week should be better at work, too.
  • It's 5 am and I am back in NY! Stopped at Denny's and had 2 am dinner with my parents. I got a breakfast slam with wheat pancakes, grits, egg white and chicken sausage but ate less than half of the grits and only one of the two pancakes. Looking forward to running and lifting some weights tomorrow.
  • Kind of down because I didn't meet my August 1st goal of 122lbs. I was up from 123.2lbs on Friday to 123.8lbs this morning after salt and running yesterday, and eating maintenance on Saturday. It sucks, but it just makes me determined to make another goal for September 1st. 120lbs would be doable, I think.

Another hurdle that I'm struggling with is that the boyfriend and I found a house to rent that we really love, but we're going to have to get in there quick so we don't lose it to someone else. That means saving every penny possible to get the security deposit and the hefty pet fee to the owner ASAP. So that means making sure I watch my food budget -- no more big, pretty salads from Whole Foods at $8 a pound. But that's okay, I can still manage healthy eating on a budget.

I think my boyfriend is interested in trying to lose a little weight -- he likes very low-maintenance food. He CAN cook, and very well, but he works very hard at work and likes the convenience of fast food. I told him when we get a place together it will be just as easy for me to pack two lunches as it would be to pack one.

More personals later, but wanted to say welcome back, krampus! Hope the time change doesn't kick your arse for too long.