Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#80)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
View Poll Results: If You Could Have ONE Free Household Helper For A Year,Which One Would You Choose?
A Cook
20.00%
A Laundress
10.00%
A Maid
50.00%
A Chauffer
0%
A Dishwasher
0%
A Gardener
0%
A Personal Shopper
0%
A Window Washer
10.00%
None....I Rather Do It Myself
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
  • Don't forget to go back to #79 and read the last few posts there!!

Shelley.....I'm so happy to hear that the celebration went well! Looking forward to you posting some pics!! Get some much needed rest now!
  • Well I hobbled over to the computer to say hello. First goal is to post everyday, so here I am. LOL

I can't wait to be able to start on a walking program once this cast comes off my leg. I am sooooo tired of just sitting around with my leg propped up.

Jennelle -- Great for you... down 9 pounds. You keep it up girl.

Between parties, football games and vacations, it sounds like everyone has been very busy.

I will check back with you ladies tomorrow. Thanks for welcoming me back with open arms.

Hugs
    Carol
  • Way to go Titans &&&& Tampa Bay..

Question maybe someone can answer or try to:

Why when there is a incident that effects so many peoples lives, you see the worst in someone that you never thought you would see come out of them???

That's it for today--short & sweet
  • Oh, Vicki, I know EXACTLY what you mean! My DH's parents died back in 1988, within a month of each other. There was so much awful stuff going on between the sibs....hubby hasn't spoken to one of his brothers since then!

Shelley - I'm beginning Week 3.
  • Vicki-Me too!! Ever since my BIL died over a year ago, my MIL has gotten worse and worse. She has become the biggest B**** in history!!!
  • Vicki.....
    I wish I had the answer to your question.It sure makes you wonder though, doesn't it?! Remember, I haven't spoken to my Sister in about 8 years! I don't even know where she lives!!

To My Floozie Friends: Now I have a question! Here goes:

I hate to keep saying how tired I am because I KNOW that ya'll get sick of hearing it. But honestly, I am. Today something happened that really scared me. I was driving downtown to pay my electric bill and I dozed off for a second! When I opened my eyes I was starting to go over the white line into the other lane!! Like I said, It was ONLY for a sec. or two..but enough to scare the s*** out of me! Then when I was at the store, it felt like my whole body was shaking & like I was going to pass out!! I have never felt like this before! It didn't last long.

As I was growing up, I had the world's best Parents.But Mom was a perfectionst (but so sweet!).We never played in our room
    because we were afraid that we would mess them up and she would get mad.Now I feel like I have become MY MOM! While my boys were growing up, I never had them to help me around the house.I was like this super-mom that had to work,cook,clean & wash without anyone helping me.I was always afraid that it wouldn't be done correctly if they helped.So therefore I never taught them or made them to help.

Now 20 years later, I'm STILL doing it all! Working Mon-Fri.....Also working ballgames ......Cooking.....Cleaning.......Washing....And doing all the running around.My body is tired! Some days I honestly don't know how much more I can keep going. My hubby is great but after 17 years of marriage how can I all of a sudden get mad at him for not helping when Ive always done it all?!

My question is: Is there partnership in your household? How can I stop trying to do so much and learn to relax? How do ya'll do it? I need answers fast before I really lose it. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day and I won't feel as "down on myself" as I do tonight.

I've got to go and bake Drew's B/Day cake, pat out burgers and make baked beans for tomorrow night. (See...it NEVER stops!)

Love ya'll....
  • Evening girls

I started to vote...None....I'd rather do it myself...yeah right!! LOL I like to do housework but when I don't have enough time or energy, that is always what I let go.

Sherry...The Jets lost, so yesterday was our last home game. I think it's so sad at the end of the season. Sher....Let's go to Oakland next weekend, and then to San Deigo the next weekend. It would be nice to be rich!!!

Shelley...I'm so glad everything went well yesterday. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Jennelle....WTG on the 9 pounds, and in just 3 weeks. You go girl!!!

Carol.....I agree with you , posting everyday is a start. Hope you are up and running around soon. But until you are, we can all help each other to stay OP.

Vicki....I have seen that happen in several families and it's so sad. Death and sickness sometimes brings out the worse in people. Your family is still in our prayers.

Dee.....I know you are having a blast and I'm so jealous...LOL. 80 degrees...WOW...don't get to much sun!!!

Gayle......How many bottles of beer did you help hubby bottle up? Have you started on the White Zin yet? Now that things will slow down for me, I'm thinking of buying a wine kit too. Which kind should I start with?

Doni and Ramona...Hope you had a great weekend and are both well.

Love ya...debbie
  • Sherry - The first thing you need to do is sit down with your hubby RIGHT NOW and tell him how exhausted you are! It doesn't have to be confrontational, just matter-of-fact. The reason he's not helping is because he doesn't realize you need the help, and he's never going to realize it if you don't tell him!

Another thing you need to look at is that need for perfection that we women tend to have. Is the world going to end if you don't mop the floor tonight? Are the Better Homes and Garderns cops going to arrest you if the beds don't have perfect corners? Is God going to strike you down if you have a "fend for yourself night" once a week instead of having to cook dinner all the time? Let go of some of the perfection (easier said than done, I know.) I'll bet you a million dollars if your hubby had the choice of having an immaculate house or a wife in good health who doesn't drift off to sleep at inopportune moments, he would choose *YOU* every time!

You also need to schedule some "vege time" to do what YOU like. Take a half-hour every day to read a book, watch something stupid on TV, croos-stitch a sampler, or just stare out the window and watch the world go by.

I will be thinking of you! {{{{{hugs}}}}} TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!
  • Sher: I second what Jennelle just said!!! Men have this weird way of being able to walk right on past the heap of clothes and the two inches of dust on the furniture. For a long time I would never ask Steve for help...then I would "fume" inside as I folded clothes, did dishes and so on. Finally one day he said "men are stupid" if you want us to do something, just tell us what it is. He now helps out around the house. He folds the towels other then how I would prefer, but guess what????? We live through it!!! Just tell Wayne you need a break, he will understand!!!! That is why I'm taking the one day painting workshop next month, Steve harped and harped at me to do something for myself. BTW: I too have spoiled my kids! My 18 year old can walk near an exploding sink of dishes, filthy floors and never notice!

Vickster: I have 1 brother and 2 sisters that I no longer have contact with. Personally, I believe that we see more of the "bad" come out in the person due to them trying to react to their own guilt for something in the past.

Deb: We bottled 48 bottles of brew on Saturday. I mixed up 6 gallons of white zin today. I use the Vintners reserve kits, if you want the site address of the place I order from, just holler!!

Carol: Glad to "hopped" to the puter to post!!!!!
  • hello girlfriends!
    sher-deb sounds like yall had a blast!
    carol,
    sorry to hear bout your leg.hope your not in to much pain.
    get better so you can walk.

deb congrats on your 1000 posts.lol!

jennelle,
    wahooo on your 9 pound loss!!!
    i have the bfl book but am confused on proteins.
    you hafta have a protien at every meal.
    seems i cant think of enuff for 6 meals.
    my friends losing well but alas i cant do locarb.

shelleym,
    so glad the bat mitzva went well!
    how proud you are.

gdeann,
    my best friend son was deployed wed.
    shes heartbroken.
    hes off to kuwait!

sher,
    i know how you feel.
    i homeschool all day then do everything.
    dh gets home after midnite there i am fixing supper and recleaning at 2am.
    its never endingonly me time is in early morning thats when i get my workouts in.
    and late at nite puter time its 313am now.
    my therey is if i dont do it itll wait on me.
    explain to dh i do mine when hes off on the weekends ill ask him to help with other stuff,
    he vaccums,and does heavier nic nac paddy wac dustings.
    it helps.
    just tell him how you feel.

acckkkk!
    tole ya its after 3am dishes done house in great shape i ask him what are you doing in kitchen,

MAKING BROWNIES!!!!
    EGAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    doni
  • Doni~~~~~STEP AWAY FROM THE BROWNIES!!!!!!!
    My goodness, the only thing stirring in my home at 3:00 in the morning is the restless children in bed. Sounds like you guys are late nighters, but I'm sure that has something to do with your hubby's schedule.

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A SUPER DUPER DAY!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi girls

Sherry.......I agree with everyone esle, if you do everything for them they will just expect it and never help with anything. Fix sandwiches for a week. On hard weeks let some of that dusting and extra cleaning go, do just the main things. I promise the dust will still be there next time. Start training Drew now, his future wife will thank you. The only one we can change is ourselves, so dwell alittle more on Sherry and see how much happier you are even if the dust is 2 inches thick. Love ya!!

My legs are so sore from the game Saturday, it was rough getting through my workout at Curves this afternoon. But I made it!!!!

Love to all my floozie Freinds... Deb
  • Is anybody going to celebrate the 40th birthday with our cyberfriend?? I think we should have a cyber birthday party!! What do you think??

Sherry-You are scaring me!! You should go to the dr. just to make sure everything is okay!!

Quick one tonight--running late today.
  • Hello Friends

Thanks so much for all of your kinds words.You don't know what it meant to me.I'm really going to try hard not to worry so much about cleaning & try to spend more time relaxing. Thanks again...Ya'll are the greatest!

I'm going to bed now.Just wanted to tell you that Drews surprise Birthday dinner party went well.We all had a great time tonight.Man....I sure remember 15 years ago tonight!! In labor FOREVER!!

Also....thought I would share DEE'S weather forecast with ya'll. Gosh....she's soooooo lucky!! But I'm glad she's having a GREAT time!! WE MISS YOU DEE!!!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico:

5 DAY FORECAST

TUE WED THU FRI SAT

Sunny
    High: 83
    Low: 64

Mostly Sunny
    High: 82
    Low: 64

Mostly Cloudy
    High: 82
    Low: 66