Let's get out of the 300's - #2!

You're on Page 3 of 21
Go to
  • scrappygal - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME - this is an awesome thread full of great people, solid advice and loving support from those who have been there too! You can do it! We can all get out of the 300s together!

lynnie - I am the same, its a roller coaster of blankets and footies and crank up the AC - let me jump in the freezer - this past TOM, DH asked me if I was starting menopause! Hang in there the blues won't last forever!

Lovely - I think your scale doesn't want to leave this thread because it will miss us But tell it that it is OK, because we will all be going to the other side soon!

As for me, I got up for the small town parade that marched practically by our front door this morning (even in the rain!) - I thanked the policemen, firefighters, EMTs and soldiers as they marched by - heroes all! I also got to cheer the boy scouts and girl scouts and our local schools - it was a fun morning and DD got a bagful of candy (again!)

I only ate one baby tootsie roll! and had more BBQ for lunch and I stayed OP with fresh sweet pea pods and bbq chicken breasts! tonight will be more of a challenge as we will be surrounded by festival food again, fried oreos and snickers bars, funnel cakes and ice cream - maybe somebody will split a funnel cake with me? just a couple bites each?

Have a great Monday all!
  • Hey everyone! all around!

Scrappygal - WELCOME! Of course you can come here and post with us! We're all just aiming for that 2-line! Join in, and we'll help each other get there.

kkcurtain - I'm using WW to regulate my food intake, and just taking a walk on my treadmill every day. Sometimes yoga. Sometimes other little bits of activity. I'm a HUGE fan of the "little things add up" mentality. So even if I take the stairs, it's a victory in my mind.

Lost - I think you're right It's okay. I might be on the train to Two Town, but that doesn't mean I can't stop in the thread and visit. Nice going staying on plan for July Fourth!

I had a busy day yesterday. So ...much...laundry. I live on the third floor, washer/dryer is on the first floor. So it was a lot of stairs yesterday. A lot of hauling, and then folding and putting things away. Laundry here is expensive, but I'm trying to clean out some old clothes and donate things that I no longer wear. I'm also trying to get the husband to get rid of some things, too... but he's a mini-hoarder. He keeps things that I swear we will NEVER use, but he just won't get rid of them! *sigh*

I woke up extra early, again, today. Probably have more cleaning and clearing I can do around the house. Going to plan on that.

Have a good one, guys!
  • Man, it is hard to do this some days ...... things are so much better than they were when I started that there is not as much pressure on me to keep going, but I'm gonna persevere, I really want to get to be less than 300
  • Hey guys! Wanted to pop in quick and share something with you. I sometimes think "Oh, hey my dinner looks lovely." but tonight the colors were just bursting.

lol Forgot to say what it was... Roasted peppers and onions on the bottom, brown rice simmered in chicken broth (instead of water), and marinated baked chicken on top.

• that does look really tasty, thanks for sharing lovely!
  • Hey, gang. Had a good, relaxing holiday weekend. Starting the 100-day POP challenge. How many days will it take me to get to 299? Anyone want to place a bet?

Scrappy, welcome!

Lovely, I'm on the edge of my seat!

Geo: Hope to join you soon.

Angela
  • Lynnie I would have loved to join you in having a few drinks, for sure! I seldom do that but certainly enjoy getting a bit sloshed now and again.

Scrappy Hi! I'm pretty new, too. Everyone around here is fantastic.

Vortex I'm gonna go with about 14 days to get there and get settled.

Lovely That looks divine! Colors are great and you put in all the veggies I love.

Lost You CAN do it. You're so dang close!!!

I was very proud of my food day today. My only "offness" to it was about 3 jalapeno Pringles at supper tonight. But I still stayed around 1600 calories. Last night would have been my night to FAIL but I stayed OP! My kiddo and I went to my boyfriend's sister's place for July 4th celebration, and my duty was desert. So I went to Wally World and bought a cherry pie, caramel apple pie and a dozen iced cookies. I cut it, served it, and didn't even lick anything yummy off my fingers!! Happy dance for me. And I didn't miss any of it.... I love days like that.
  • vortex - we are both so close! we can do it! I didn't even try the POP challenge as I am almost never POP, it is great you can do it!

kkcurtin - congrats on saying no to the pie and staying OP! great job!

Happy Wednesday all! I am working hard this week - challenged myself to 5 miles in 5 days to help push me past that 300 barrier (or at least closer!) so far so good, one day down - 4 to go!
  • Hey gang! How is everyone?

Vortex - I'm watching that thread, too! I'm stoked to see so many people working to stay on plan for 100 days! That's THREE MONTHS of good habits! So many good things will come from that!

kkcurtain - That is amazing! That must've been a little rough, but you did so well!

Lost - Hurray for 5 miles in 5 days! Go go go!

Hmm... haven't seen a handful of people since we jumped over to the new thread. Where's Repto? Hope she didn't lose us!

I have a busy day ahead of me. Eye doctor, then picking out new glasses (this is gonna be fun!), then to the pharmacy, bank and out food shopping. Whew! I just had a great breakfast so I'll be energized for it, and I'll take my walk in the evening.

I tried my belly dancing DVD yesterday. It started working the arms... oh boy. I couldn't even make it through! My arm muscles are practically non-existent! But, it was good, and I can see doing it every couple days to learn the movements.
  • Lost: We'll get there! I gave up trying to stick to plans that I couldn't stick to I've been making tiny little changes, one at a time, and keeping my plan something that I can actually do. That probably has everything to do with why my loss is very slow, but I'm feeling a lot more in control, which is a big change from the past. It also makes this challenge a great one, since the plan is all my own. My big challenge right now is getting that water in, LOL.

Lovely, I tried following Shimmy on TV at one point, but I couldn't get the hang of their schedule. Seemed like fun, but hard.

Okay, I'm off to get some things done today.
  • Well here it Thursday and I feel like a big moo moo!!! I hate TOM and the way it bloats me. Has anyone tried thos news oreos fudge. If you can't control yourself don't but if you can eat one here and there I do suggest them fo a little taste of chocolate to curb a binge.

I WI in on Sunday and I wonder what it has instore for me.

Have a good day all.

Lynn
  • Vortex - Belly dancing seems deceptively easy, but it was fun so I'll be trying it again.

Hey Lynn - Boooo. TOM is so blah. Makes me feel bloated and heavy, too. I haven't tried those oreos, but they sound awesome!
  • Hey Lovelies!

Hope you are all doing well. I am in and out... keeping busy but not so focused on the weight loss journey at the moment the weather is fab. And unfortunately I was unexpectedly in the sun and have a slight burn boo...

But life other than work is good, weather is nice, keeping busy enough that I feel okay about things.

Went for a little walk tonight, and threw in a couple MINI intervals of jogging just for kicks, that wasn't so smart wasn't dressed for running but whatever I felt the urge so I went for it.
  • Hi everyone. I am joining in here too. I need to lose 15 pounds to get out of the 300s. Hopefully I can finally find my way out and keep going down.
  • Welcome, srpaint!

Quick note this morning: scale reads 299 today. I've been there before, and I know the odds are that by Monday, official WI, that 3 will be back, but just thought I'd share... I can taste it!