I know I should start this in the depression forum, but...

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Thank you Mauvais, Chris, and Lidian. You sweet things, you.
  • I WISH I COULD GET A FULL NIGHT"S SLEEP!!!!
  • Ellis - you can feel crabby all you want. You are happy with your meds, and thats all that matters.

I hope you got enough sleep Den.

squeak
  • Thank you, sweet Squeak.

Den, what's the matter that you can't sleep, hon? Do you keep waking up? Do you think it's because we're aging? Starting menopause? I got up 4 times to go to the bathroom last night. And woke up in a sweat twice. And then little DS crawled into bed with us. Which left me with about 6 inches of space on the edge.

I'm considering a catheter. And a bigger bed. Not sure what to do about the night sweats though...

I know what you need... more sex!!
  • Den, how long has it been since you got a good night's sleep? I am so sorry you are having trouble - I get insomnia sometimes and it is so frustrating lying there, just knowing you'll be tired the next day. Maybe an extra walk or something would help your body get to sleep? I know I had more trouble over the holidays when I wasn't out walking every day.

Sometimes a cup of warm milk or camomile tea is good, and NOT watching the news (I am always sorry when I do watch it right before bed).

Ellis, I can relate - my youngest DD comes in with me a lot at night, and if I sleep facing away from her sometimes she taps me on the shoulder to express her disapproval. She HAD stopped doing this, as I explained that sometimes I can ONLY get to sleep on my left side, nothing personal etc, I am RIGHT here - but the other night, tap tap tap at 3 am. And then I had to go to the washroom a few times. And the cat (15 lbs at least) sleeps right on my feet. So I always feel grateful when I DO get a full night's sleep! (The kid and the cat do all right though! )

Lidian
  • Finally slept!!!