How do you pickle boiled eggs?

• I know I probably sound dumb but can someone explain to me how you pickle eggs if anyone here knows how. A lady at the store told me once to just throw your boiled eggs into a dill pickle jar that still has the juice in there would this work or no? Not really sure. I really want to try these they sound like a delish low carb snack.
  • I've done that, just throw them in leftover pickle juice for a few days. It is really tasty!

If you wanted to make REAL pickled eggs (which I've never made myself, but have eaten many times) there are lots of recipes online. I love the ones made with beets and/or beet juice because they're SO PRETTY, such as these: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pickled_eggs/
  • I have also heard of putting them in the left over juice from pickled beets, and they also absorb the beautiful purple color!
  • oh wow how pretty thanks a lot mayness i'll give it a shot
  • I lived in CA for years and ate all kinds of "exotic" things. Love trying new stuff. but it wasn't until I came to Southern PA that I discovered Red Beet eggs! They are awesome!! Love them. Here's a recipe from a friend at work.
    2 cans of beets
    1 1/2 cups vinegar
    3/4 cup sugar

Bring to boil (so the sugar dissolves)
    Let cool a little, pour into a big jar (get one of those huge pickle jars, from like Sam's club)
    Put in a dozen hard boiled eggs.
    For best results, leave them alone (in frig) for 3 days.
    They are yummy and look so cool!!
  • I just had mustard pickled eggs for the first time last weekend - yum! Anyone have a good recipe for those eggs?

TIA!
  • I wonder of that means I can throw them in the hot pepper jar and have hot eggs.... Interesting thought, ...that is if I have enough "juice" left in the jar as I use it to make salad dressing whenever I make Taco salad.

7hrs met Fri