Daily Chat Monday June 27

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • OMG!! Thank the Lord for this site...I had developed the pickle obsession so I just went to check my label...HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!!~ Ughh!!! I cannot believe I had not checked the label before. I am usually good at that! Have my WI tomorrow I am sure it will not be as good as I'd hoped. I never show color on the stick (even before the pickle obsession) so no clue there! I'm so bummed. At least I know now...thank you Ladies!!!
  • Hi all....been a while since I was on the forum. Hope everyone is doing amazingly well, I've been sticking on the program and had some cheats here and there but am sticking with it. I am actually opening up my own IP clinic in a couple of weeks because I'm so inspired by the program and the changes it can help people make! Wish me luck (staying on protocol and with the business! haha)
  • Quote: Woohoo, just had my first WI and I lost 8 pounds! I am excited to keep losing.
    woohoo sandy! awesome job, and it gets easier.
  • Just checking in to say hi and see how everyone is! I've been in maintenance for about 3 weeks or so and am happily maintaining within 2 lbs of my final WI. The reason why I phased off when I did was because I had a trip to San Francisco planned and I wanted to be able to go there and enjoy myself without worrying about being on a diet. Came back 1 lb up from where I was when I left and it was gone after my phase 1 recovery day.

I learned last week that I'm a lot more sensitive to sodium than I used to be too! I made chicken & rice with soyaki sauce and was 4 freaking pounds up the next day! Gah! We were out of town this last weekend (a good thing - kept me from weighing myself every day) but after 1 phase 1 day, I was still sitting at 145.2 this morning. So, I did another phase 1 day today and will continue until I see 143 on that scale again! I know I slipped right back into ketosis today - I love how quickly it happens now! We'll see what the scale shows in the morning.

I never was a SW during phase 1 but find myself weighing every morning now. I don't panic if I'm up, but it just gives me something to keep my eye on so that it never gets out of hand again! I wasn't making the best choices last week being on vacation, but it's really nice to know that I have the tools to correct any missteps!

Glad to see that so many of you are doing well - keep it up! You're worth it!
  • Quote: Woohoo, just had my first WI and I lost 8 pounds! I am excited to keep losing.
    How exciting for you!!!!!
  • Quote: i mix chili powder, smoked paprika and 1 or 2 teaspoon splenda, mix in or sprinkle onto of the kale.... it is delicious...
    Yum...Can't wait to try it!

Quote: Just checking in to say hi and see how everyone is! I've been in maintenance for about 3 weeks or so and am happily maintaining within 2 lbs of my final WI. The reason why I phased off when I did was because I had a trip to San Francisco planned and I wanted to be able to go there and enjoy myself without worrying about being on a diet. Came back 1 lb up from where I was when I left and it was gone after my phase 1 recovery day.

I learned last week that I'm a lot more sensitive to sodium than I used to be too! I made chicken & rice with soyaki sauce and was 4 freaking pounds up the next day! Gah! We were out of town this last weekend (a good thing - kept me from weighing myself every day) but after 1 phase 1 day, I was still sitting at 145.2 this morning. So, I did another phase 1 day today and will continue until I see 143 on that scale again! I know I slipped right back into ketosis today - I love how quickly it happens now! We'll see what the scale shows in the morning.

I never was a SW during phase 1 but find myself weighing every morning now. I don't panic if I'm up, but it just gives me something to keep my eye on so that it never gets out of hand again! I wasn't making the best choices last week being on vacation, but it's really nice to know that I have the tools to correct any missteps!

Glad to see that so many of you are doing well - keep it up! You're worth it!
    You are so inspiring!! Super Congratulations. I am so ready to get off this hamster wheel!
  • Hello All, It is so exciting to hear about all the success stories of people that are regaininng control of their lives. How good do I feel not hauling around these extra 40 lbs? Are you kidding....I feel great. I apologize in advance if I have have not searched long enough for an answer to my question but, now that I'm entering Phase 4 I'd like someone to tell me with in no uncertain terms the kinds of foods that combine carbs and fats, so I'm not guessing if I can eat these things anymore. Someone please tell me that I will never eat a pastrami and swiss sandwich ever again, unless its my cheat day. In my mind these are the things I used to eat that I used to eat that combine the bad children fats and carbs: mac and cheese (yes this means baked zitti and mozzarella too!), burritos, hamburgers, enchiladas (99% of all Mexican food for that matter), all sandwiches that contain cheese and/or fatty meats, potatoes with any kind of cheese and/or sour cream, french fries (w/ or w/o cheese), any carb that has been fried, fried rice, french toast, all cakes and cookies made with butter, foccaccia bread, pizza, bagels with cheese or cream cheese, peanut butter on bread, any bread with butter, nutella and bread, tuna sandwich with mayonaise, any casserole with rice and cream of mushroom soup in it. I could go on for hours I'm sure but my heart is already aching. If you think about it, it's easy to know what kinds of foods should not be passing your lips, even on cheat days. It's should not have been a shock to me that eating huge burritos twice a week helped me to become the 250-lb fatty that I once was. Come on.