fatgyrl here

• Hello all, I guess I will just start here: A month ago I had acute Cellulitis and couldn't walk my dogs to the end of my driveway. I have been slowly working on adding time to our walking. Last week I missed my walk 5 - 7 hrs a week goal by 17 min because I didn't walk last night in the rain. We were walking a 22 min route most days AM & PM. Yesterday I swapped my morning route for a 1 hr long route. Today was day 2. From the end of the driveway a month ago to 82 min of dog walking today. I think I am doing OK. Dogs are excellent motivators, they know it is time to walk and don't want you to forget.

Food wise I am working on "plating"- covering half my plate (or half my diet with veggies and fruits) I have also taken a lot from the book Hypoglycemia For Dummies. Between the Cellulitis and the Hypoglycemia I just got sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am trying for whole grains and nutritionally dense foods. I am sure I am still eating too much but hey, at least half it is veggies and fruits.

Last time I saw a scale I was 350lbs.
  • Hi there! Welcome to 3FC =)

Congrats on the walking you've done! I agree, having a pet to remind you it's time to go is a good thing.

Eating better is important.

You're already doing better for yourself by choosing healthier foods and moving more!

Hope to see you around the boards =)
  • I hope we can call you skinngyrl one day=)