Side Aches With MRC

• Hi everyone, I just started the preconditioning plan last Tuesday. I'm not taking protein drinks yet, but I am following the diet and taking Corti-Trim and fish oil tablets. I've gone from not eating until at least 7 pm and having a beer or two before dinner to strictly following the meal plan.

I've started having side cramps on my left side right under my rib. I'm thinking I might have IBS. I've had these cramps before, but not lasting this long. They are associated with a gassy feeling, and I think caffeine makes them worse because in the past I'd notice them if I had too much coffee on an empty stomach.

I read that Corti-Trim has caffeine in it, but I can't find any real data on how much. I've cut my coffee intake back to one cup a day. I was just wondering if anyone else had experience this and if anyone had any thoughts on what it might be? I know it's not a pulled muscle. I really think it's intestine related because of the gassiness and bloating I have with it.
  • Quote: Hi everyone, I just started the preconditioning plan last Tuesday. I'm not taking protein drinks yet, but I am following the diet and taking Corti-Trim and fish oil tablets. I've gone from not eating until at least 7 pm and having a beer or two before dinner to strictly following the meal plan.

I've started having side cramps on my left side right under my rib. I'm thinking I might have IBS. I've had these cramps before, but not lasting this long. They are associated with a gassy feeling, and I think caffeine makes them worse because in the past I'd notice them if I had too much coffee on an empty stomach.

I read that Corti-Trim has caffeine in it, but I can't find any real data on how much. I've cut my coffee intake back to one cup a day. I was just wondering if anyone else had experience this and if anyone had any thoughts on what it might be? I know it's not a pulled muscle. I really think it's intestine related because of the gassiness and bloating I have with it.
    I have not really experienced that at all, but I did have increased gas from the increased fresh vegetables I was eating on plan (I hardly ever ate fresh veggies or salads before). I would stop taking the cortitrim for a few days and see if that helps. If not, I would check it out with your doctor just to be safe.
  • Thanks teacherlady. It could be all the veggies too. I know something is definitely affecting my digestion. I guess my body is in shock from such a quick diet change. If I still have it tomorrow I am going to lay off the Corti-Trim. I skipped it once and it didn't help, but it might take a little longer.
  • I have IBS and a Spastic Colon. When I started this diet, it kinda put my body into shock. I would try taking some fiber or Miralax. I was having severe abdominal pain - so severe the doctor thought it might be appendicitis. It wasn't, it was real bad constipation. It took a couple days to get back on track.

I'm on MetaSlim Plus and when I eat from the group 2 protiens - red meats, I get cramped up. So I'm avoiding those things and eating more fish.

But if the pain persists, I would go see your doctor.
  • You could also try varying your veggies. Are you eating a lot of broccolli? That can cause more gas than grean beans, for example. I would lay off the cortitrim for at least a week. If it goes away, you can then add things back in one at a time to figure out the culprit.
  • I stopped taking the Corti-Trim and within 24 hours I saw a lot of improvement. I'm eating about the same diet, so either it was the initial shock or the supplements. Eventually I may try to reintroduce the Corti-Trim, but it hurt so bad I don't even want to take the chance right now.
    Today the pain is almost completely gone. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.