Yo-Yo #

• I weighed myself today and I gained 5lbs. (I weigh in every week) And I am a little disappointed because I had just lost 5lbs the week before. I am not doing anything different. I was happier this week and overall felt good. Well, at least until I saw that number on the scale. Maybe this is just normal?
  • It could be water retention from TOM or from extra salt somewhere. I tend to weigh myself every day to get an idea when things fluctuate but only count once a week on Sat.

Keep going.... Together we can do this.
  • I agree with onmywaydown. I also weigh daily but take my official weight as my weigh in Sunday morning. Yesterday I had a very high sodium day and my weight went up 2.6 lbs from yesterday morn. i know it is mostly water weight and prob the food still in my system. Do you take measurements? I do my measurements one a mon at the beginning of the mon and that seems to be a more accurate reflection of my weight loss.
  • Like the others who posted, I weigh myself just about every day but Wednesday is my official weight day. I think it helps keep me on track. When I see an upward change, I only have one day to look back at to figure out why. It's been years since I've seen TOM, so that isn't a factor anymore, but salt and too much sitting seem to both have an adverse effect on how I lose. I think it's good to weigh every day as a check point. It helps you recognize what foods and habits can temporarily stall your progress.

Hang in there - it will come back off.

Lin
  • Thanks! I relayed my story to my sister and she said about the same thing and reminded me of what i had for dinner the night before (pizza). Sometimes that number can be really discouraging and when I look at it, I feel that I just may never reach my goal. *sigh* but I don't want to give up like I have in the past. Thanks again!
  • Water retention is usually anywhere from 3-10 lbs in our weight range, and salt and (ironically) not drinking enough water cause it.

If you ever gain that much that quickly it will always be either water weight or muscle gain from working out. Nothing to worry about, since your goal is to lose fat, and you are doing that.