IP Weekend Chat- June 24-26

You're on Page 4 of 10
Go to
  • Another question. I start my 2 week rotation of nights on monday. So I work monday and tuesday night. Then I'm off wednesday, thursday. And I go back friday, saturday and sunday night. Then I'm off monday and tuesday and then go back to nights wednesday and thursday. It's gonna be tough to switch my body from days to nights and then all over again. For example sunday I will eat normally then go to bed sunday night. I will then be up all day monday and then go to work monday night. I'll be up for over 24 hours before I go to sleep. I'm not sure how I'm gonna spread out all my meals and packets during 24 hours. I'll be starving.

Any suggestions?
  • Hello all! Day 4 for me and it is going great! I was on Idealproteinnova blog and the May 23rd post said that the ounces have changed for meat in Phase 1 to 5-8 ounces for ALLthe listed meat, not just fish! My consultant did not know about this when I asked her today. Is that true?
  • Quote: Hello all! Day 4 for me and it is going great! I was on Idealproteinnova blog and the May 23rd post said that the ounces have changed for meat in Phase 1 to 5-8 ounces for ALLthe listed meat, not just fish! My consultant did not know about this when I asked her today. Is that true?
    yes someone else reported it here a couple of months ago now. I asked my clinic and they haven't heard that yet. So I really think the Clinics aren't hearing the information on a timely basis.
  • So I posted on another thread but I'm going to state it here. I officially gave my bf my scale (it’s in his trunk so I’m not tempted at home or at his place). I beat myself up too much last week because I fluctuated between 7 lbs but I still lost.

A few of you mentioned that I was being to hard on myself. In fact 2RIDEROLLERCOAST I think you said that I need to trust the program. So I'm going with that this week.

Here's to the first day of not obsessing over the #'s!
  • Quote: Hello all! Day 4 for me and it is going great! I was on Idealproteinnova blog and the May 23rd post said that the ounces have changed for meat in Phase 1 to 5-8 ounces for ALLthe listed meat, not just fish! My consultant did not know about this when I asked her today. Is that true?
    I just restarted three weeks ago and my coach advised me that yes it has changed to 5-8 oz of all lean meats/fish
  • Quote: So I posted on another thread but I'm going to state it here. I officially gave my bf my scale (it’s in his trunk so I’m not tempted at home or at his place). I beat myself up too much last week because I fluctuated between 7 lbs but I still lost.

A few of you mentioned that I was being to hard on myself. In fact 2RIDEROLLERCOAST I think you said that I need to trust the program. So I'm going with that this week.

Here's to the first day of not obsessing over the #'s!
    Yes, I admit I do weigh myself every once and a while and I usually regret it. Sometimes I was lower that at wi and a lot of times I am higher than wi weight. So I have tried not to do it, now that I have changed my WI days I forget to weigh myself, and it being nice out I spend way too much time outside to even remember. It will all come off it you trust the program. Here is to day one.

Jordana - do you mind me asking where is the clinic in St. Albert? I have a friend that wants to start and she lives outside St albert. Thanks.
  • Quote: Yes, I admit I do weigh myself every once and a while and I usually regret it. Sometimes I was lower that at wi and a lot of times I am higher than wi weight. So I have tried not to do it, now that I have changed my WI days I forget to weigh myself, and it being nice out I spend way too much time outside to even remember. It will all come off it you trust the program. Here is to day one.

Jordana - do you mind me asking where is the clinic in St. Albert? I have a friend that wants to start and she lives outside St albert. Thanks.
    Inside Out Health in Reil Business Park. My coach's name is Taylor and she's great!! We can pick our own packages individually rather than by box, she lets you return things you don't like and has a large variety of WF products to choose from as well

...If you tell me your friends name and if you let her know to tell Taylor I referred her I get free food!! But if I'm being too cheeky let me know
  • Im officially back in the 150s as of today!! It's Amazing what 2 good days can dO. At my first weigh in 2 Tuesday's ago i went from 166.8 to 158.8 then I had a very bad weekend and went back up to 162 but am now back to 159.1! By this coming Tuesday id like to be at 156!

I'm going to dinner with some girlfriends tonight but have already scoped out the menu and have decided to get chislick with coleslaw cause i hate coleslaw so I know I won't eat it I hope I'm down to 158 again tomorrow. I'm gonna make some chocolate pudding muffins tonigt to bring to work tomorrow I'm pretty excited about it!!

Good luck this weekend everybody!! Keep skinny on your mind
  • Hi everyone! I had my 2nd WI yesterday and am down a total of 9.8 lbs. I'm pretty excited. I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays OP.
  • Quote: I could use some advice. This is my 3rd week. 1st week lost 6lbs, second week lost 2.5 and then last night I ate a chicken breast and it said it came with tomatoes, it showed up and i thought was boiled down tomatoes so i ate it. Then i asked and the waitress told me there was sugar in the sauce. Is this going to screw me up for 3 days? I'm so worried about it? If I worked out would it get me back in quicker? Or maybe not eat a restricted today?
    Try to brush yourself off and move on. There is nothing you can do about it now. You will be fine. It is possible you were kicked out of ketosis due to the sugar, but not knowing how much there was and how much you ate it is impossible to tell.

Hang in there. It takes a while to learn the ins and outs of eating out while on the program. I have called restaurants in advance to figure out what I could eat, I've gone onto their websites to research options and I have grilled (pun intended) servers to get info on what they put into the foods.

Ask that you get salads without carrot, tomato, crouton, olive, whatever and oil and vinegar on the side. Ask for steamed veggies with no butter or sauce and then ask for plain grilled or broiled meat.

It isn't hard, but it takes some getting used to because you have to be specific. I have not had ANY servers give me a hard time about asking.

Good luck! You'll be fine!!
  • [QUOTE=M0vingon;3905437]Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
    been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    AND
    posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
    When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
    for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:IP Daily Chat- Thursday, June 23
    __________________[/QUOTE
  • Quote: yes someone else reported it here a couple of months ago now. I asked my clinic and they haven't heard that yet. So I really think the Clinics aren't hearing the information on a timely basis.
    Yes its true plus they just added tofu....
  • Quote: Inside Out Health in Reil Business Park. My coach's name is Taylor and she's great!! We can pick our own packages individually rather than by box, she lets you return things you don't like and has a large variety of WF products to choose from as well

...If you tell me your friends name and if you let her know to tell Taylor I referred her I get free food!! But if I'm being too cheeky let me know
    Plus another fun thing is..I added a swap basket..where if you don't like something or want to try something..bring items and swap the items for items in the basket...

• Help i'm really disappointed in the monring when I log on and no body has started the blog yet...i don't know how..my computer skills are not there...

but the blog use to be up by 6 am at least..now I have things to write and no one there to help me....
  • Today officially marks day 5 back on protocol for me. I'm very proud of myself for recommitting to the lifestyle that it takes for me to lose this baggage I've accumulated over the last few years. I just placed a large order with Lindora, hoping that it comes in a timely manner. Money is def tight and I'd like to compair my loss with them as to IP. I have my first weigh in on Monday morning bright and early, really can't wait to get back in there!!