Black Bean Brownies

• Sounds strange I know, but I just made these and they are sooooo delicious!

1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
    1 box of brownie mix

Drain the liquid from the beans and refill the can with water. put water and beans in blender and puree until smooth.
    Mix this into the brownie mix and bake according to package directions.

No eggs or oil!

They are so fudgy and definitely don't taste like beans at all!
  • I have heard of using black beans in brownies but never tried it. I didn't know it took the place of the oil and water also, that's awesome, going to give them a try this weekend, thanks!
  • Jelma you have to try it! The brownie mix was on sale for $1 and the beans were .79 how cheap for a whole family!
  • This sounds interesting, I am going to try it.
  • Wish. That's sooo cool. I definitely have to try it!!!
    What are the calories like after you take out the egg and oil?
  • Do you think it's possible to use beans that are home-cooked? I'm trying not to use canned foods. Please let me know. These sound awesome!
  • Here are the stats
    Servings: 20 servings • Serving Size: 1 brownie • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 138.1 • Fat: 2.6 g • Protein: 2.9 g • Carb: 28 g • Fiber: 1.8 g

But notice that it makes 20 servings! Those are some tiny brownies. I cut mine into 16 pieces and entered it into sparkpeople and the calories were about 154 per serving and 3grams of fat. Cut into 16 pieces it made a nice sized brownie.

I'm sure you could cook fresh beans and get the same results since you are just blending it up with water.
  • Thanks so much! I will do that this weekend! I hope my kids won't notice!
  • How cool! I can't wait to try it!
  • Sounds good. Too bad I don't have a blender.
  • BBB's are awesome!!