no seat belt extender!

• Hey everyone,

I just got back from an awesome trip to Vegas. I somehow managed to win $700 at the sports book [not that i promote gambling]. But what I was even more excited about was the fact that I didn't have to ask the flight attendent for a seat belt extender. Every other time I had to fly somewhere I had to ask for one of those things.

It also seems like every 2 weeks I am placing another hole in belt, so I know I am losing weight (slowly but surely).

Anyway, happy new year everyone!
  • that's great! things like that are what remind you of your weight loss. congrats. =)
  • Congratulations!! Way to go!
  • The little things mean WAY more than the numbers on the scale, IMHO!
  • Congrats, Matt! Happy New Year to you, too.
  • GO MATT! Keep whittling that waist size down!

Miss Chris
  • That is so awesome, congratulations.
  • congratulations!!
  • i'm going back home to Ohio next weekend. I haven't been home in over 2 years. One of my brother's knows that I lost weight, but the rest of them don't. This will be the test to see if they will notice (even though i've lost around 10 inches in my waist, it is still hard for me to see a difference myself...is that strange?).

Thanks everyone for the support. Its a long journey and as far as I am concerned, i've just barely started.
  • ooh, good luck. my dad told me he i looked like i'd lost some, and i hadn't seen him since sept. however, he did know i have been working on it. i want to lose enough so that someone who had no idea can tell, you know?

things like that keep you going...
  • Matt,

Where in Ohio were you from? I was born and grew up there. Always interesting to know where our fellow posters are from.

Take care ~ glynne (Gayle)
  • I grew up in Cincinnati! Thank god I escaped.
  • Hi Gayle,

I'm from Cleveland. Most of my family still lives in the area. My brother now lives out in Grafton (near Elyria, North Olmsted...the western 'burbs of Cleveland).

Are you familiar with that area?

I came to Boston 3 years ago to go to graduate school.