Skinny B***H

• Anyone read this book? I just started, and on page 50. It's interesting but I'm not sure if the info they are providing is reliable.?
  • is that the skinny b--ch cook book??? or is it a different book?
  • Here is a discussion about the book
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/main...take-look.html

What information are you not sure about?

The animal abuse stuff is pretty well documented.

Now I'll say, I'm a vegan but the things I've heard about the book don't excite me. Mostly the idea that vegan equals skinny and I've heard many of their recipes rely on processed foods.
  • I read the book, it was catchy and interesting through out the whole book but I'd never go vegan. Good read though but I'm certainly not changing who I am because of the slaughtering section to turn people away from eating meat. I've seen their bootcamp dvd's thought about buying them a few times. lol.
  • I have to get this book! I've read some of the discussion about the book posted above and someone also posted an exerpt from the book and I read it. I like the matter of fact attitude while giving some good information. I doubt I could go vegan but it seems pretty entertaining (even with the bad language which I'm not a fan of). I love books that tell you like it is LOL!
  • @ nelie thanks ill check it out wasn't sure if anyone already starting a thread about the book!

@Porthardygurl it's just Skinny B***H, the cookbook is different

@MiZTaCCen same here, it is pretty interesting but I don't think it's possible for me to give up milk eggs and meat lol

@Violet73 yeah they seem a little harsh but it's fun to read. Like they keep saying fat a**, shut the f up... etc lol
  • It is vegan propaganda. Spiced or enhanced truth I call it.

I am a vegetarian myself so it is not like I am partial here.
  • Is that the one that says drinking coffee makes your breath smell like arse? Because I read the first few chapters when I was jet lagged and found it in the room I was staying in, that always amused me!
  • I'm fine with vegan cookery -- did a long stint while pregnant to try to reduce hormone load even. But I couldn't take the snarky tone so I took it back to the library.

A.
  • I hated it. It's rude and promotes IMO a poor vegan diet, low protein and overly processed.

I think, if someone is interested in a vegan diet, there are so many better resources and books.

Veganbodybuilding.com is a good source
    How It All Vegan is an excellent cookbook (http://www.govegan.net/)
  • Quote: is that the skinny b--ch cook book??? or is it a different book?
    That is a different book. There are 3. SkinnyB, SkinnyB Cookbook, and SkinnyB-bun in the oven.

I enjoyed reading SkinnyB, and it really makes you think, but it wasn't enough to turn me to vegan.

I did enjoy the book though.
  • Quote: Is that the one that says drinking coffee makes your breath smell like arse? Because I read the first few chapters when I was jet lagged and found it in the room I was staying in, that always amused me!
    yes LOL I read that part on Amazon I still haven't bought the book but I do remember that part hehehe
  • Quote: That is a different book. There are 3. SkinnyB, SkinnyB Cookbook, and SkinnyB-bun in the oven.

I enjoyed reading SkinnyB, and it really makes you think, but it wasn't enough to turn me to vegan.

I did enjoy the book though.

yeah deff not enough to turn me vegan but now I think about meat before buying it for sure lol
  • The tone of the book always annoyed me a bit. No offense, but I like meat. I could give it up, but I choose not to. If I was ever going to be "grossed out" by meat it would have been when I helped my dad butcher his cow.