One month, 15 pounds!

• I started this time - for the LAST time! on May 22 at 261, and was thrilled and delighted to see that I lost exactly 15 lbs as of this morning.

I've had some success losing weight in the past but not as quickly and as easily (in terms of being able to happily stay on plan).

I don't know if it's the specific plan I'm using or just that I am finally at the right time and place in my life to do this but I'm just very happy that the stars have all aligned for me. And for the first time, I really and truly believe that I CAN do this, not just take off the weight but really change my life and body so that it STAYS off.
  • Congrats!!! Keep up the good work.
  • Congratulations!!!! Amazing start! What plan are you doing? Keep up the great work
  • Thanks bebita and onmywaydown!

I'm following the Dukan Diet. It's low carb and low fat, with a strict limit of which foods you are allowed to eat. But you can eat as much as you want of those foods so you never have to feel hungry.
  • That's fantastic, congratulations!
  • Yay that's awesome!
  • Congrats, especially on your mind set. That's the hardest part of all sometimes!
  • 15 pounds in one month is fantastic, great job!

I really do admire your determination and commitment to your plan. I find it really, really difficult to stay on track somedays, but it helps me to stay focused when I read posts like this (because I'd like to get to my 15 pounds down point too!).
  • Great job!
  • Great job!!
  • thank you everyone, the encouragement is so helpful which is why this is such a great place!!

Quote: 15 pounds in one month is fantastic, great job!

I really do admire your determination and commitment to your plan. I find it really, really difficult to stay on track somedays, but it helps me to stay focused when I read posts like this (because I'd like to get to my 15 pounds down point too!).
    I'm a new poster but I've lurked here on and off for a while and one of the things I noticed about so many people who successfully lost a lot was that they talked about sticking to their plan LIKE GLUE. So I decided that was what I was going to try to do this time. I feel lucky that I have found a plan that has been relatively easy for me to stick to like glue, and that has been working so well for me!!
  • Well done April snow, I will confess I have not been quite like glue! My walking has been a bit sporadic (long work hours and its winter so dark and cold), and I have had the odd lolly or two. But I have been pretty good and am today at the end of month one about 12 pounds down so yay for both of us and SUPER yay for Dukan : )
  • Congrats to you! I think you are right. We have to really be ready in order to be able to really do this. I really feel for me alot of it is in my mind! Keep up the good work.