September 20th CHALLENGE!

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • ClaireBear - Thanks. I did feel better once I started working out, and ended up adding another ten minutes to my cardio - so got about an hour of exercise in total! Man, I'm exhausted now, but it still felt great. =D

Good luck with the four pounds for this weigh-in! I'm hoping to see 162. It's a little discouraging to know that before I visited home for a month in May I was stable at 159. =/ Can't let it get to me though, I'll be there again soon. We can do it!
  • I just joined a Labor Day challenge, and I will join this as well because I too start my senior year... well, actually on July 22nd (LAME!) but I still have my sister's wedding upcoming in November, so hopefully this will help keep me accountable!

SW: 151
    GW: 123

Good luck ladies!! I love the "awards" idea, that is so cute!
  • TheBunneh you will be back at 159 in no time! Just keep your head up and keep pushing through! Thank you for the encouragement on my 4 pounds

Elizabethyellow, welcome! And thank you! I believe giving out awards will be a great motivation and a way for us ladies to show each other that we are proud of the accomplishments one another are making!

About to head to the gym for my hour of cardio and a little weight training! STAY MOTIVATED LADIES!
  • I'm currently in another challenge but would love to join this one for double the motivation. Funny enough, my birthday is the following day in September. The greatest gift I can probably give myself is some good weight loss.

SW: 318.6
    GW: 265.0

Shooting for the stars! Probably a bad idea because I can hardly work out for more than 10 minutes with this slipped disc, but I can try.
  • Hi everyone -

My b'day is earlier in September, but I want to join anyway. I'd like to lose 25 lbs by 9/20.

My plan is to eat healthy, limit high calorie treats, and workout as much as my injured (and recovering) back allows me to.

SW: 238.6
    GW: 213

Thanks for starting this challenge!
  • Welcome to the new joiners, and yay for other September birthdays!

How did your gym session go, ClaireBear?

I'm quite sore from the weight training yesterday. I made a deliberate choice to sleep in because of it, and try not to feel guilty about it (which semi-worked, but for some reason if I ever sleep past 6:30 I feel so lazy). Then I let myself have a slow morning and took a hot bath, which helped my muscles feel worlds better. Today is a rest day (a very appreciated one) but I'll probably do some light yoga later, and I'm really looking forward to the intense workout I have planned tomorrow.

I hope everyone else has a great day!
  • Welcome diyana and do the robot!

TheBunneh my trip to the gym went well...i worked out just as long and hard as usual..but when i left i didnt feel as tired and worked as i ususally do...i actually felt bad when i left the gym because i was affraid i didnt burn as many calories as usual!

We are halfway throught the week ladies! keep up those diet and exercise programs and get ready for Sunday/Monday weigh in...get excited because I know you've all been doing so great!
  • Just checking in to see how you all are doing! Hope everyone is well.
  • Hey all! I haven't been exercising this week (haven't since last Friday). I've just been so exhausted. I have some kind of back problem, my doctor didn't say what it was, just that it is degenerative. She said the pain will flare up every now and then and that if I wasn't so young she would put me in physical therapy. That appt was almost a year ago and I do not have a job that requires physical labor anymore and the pain improved A LOT. Now that I've tried to start exercising the pain is back and I'm having trouble sleeping. She gave me Lodine to take when it hurts to help me sleep but I'm scared to take it every night because I don't want to become dependent on it. I guess I'll just have to take it on the nights before my workout and hope that as I develop a routine it will improve. Will be spending the day cleaning out my room tomorrow and maybe washing my car. So at least that will count towards my WW Activity Points. I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Oh wow! seeing all these posts is really motivating! can't wait to see where we're all at in September
    I have a feeling I'm gonna have to work my butt off to keep up with you guys lol couldn't be more excited!
  • Hey ladies! I am loving this challenge already! I plan on working out at least 4 days a week, counting calories, and drinking lots of water! I have lost 10 pounds since May 23rd. I have been working at it one month today (this time--but really all my life)

I have been doing 30DS (on and off for a few weeks, but am on official day 3-I want to do it in 40 days total since I don't work out every day) too Melni! Have you noticed a difference at all after level one?
  • I've definitely noticed a difference, iamerican! I haven't done 30DS the past few days because of my ankle, but I can see my legs and arms slimming up. I wish I took measurements, but I did take a picture before I started, and a picture about 7 days in, and I was shocked at the difference. I didn't lose any weight however.

I'm going to try and get back on D8L1 tomorrow and then skip ahead to level 2 on Saturday. Level 1 is starting to get boring! Good luck!
  • Okay I'd like to join if I may. We're having a big gathering at our house this weekend so I"m not going to seriously start until Monday, just do the best I can until then.
    SW: probably mid 140's? I will weigh in on Monday for official starting weight.
    GW: 130
  • welcome sewhappy!

Keep it up ladies! you're all doing so well.

I am in need of answers though. I have been going to the gym and doing an hour of cardio everday. today on the elliptical i was on it for 60 minutes and didnt sweat as much as i used to, even though i increased the resistance and cross ramp. What do you guys suggest in regards to changing up my exercise to stay on track?
  • ClaireBear - I get my exercise at home through videos. I need a lot of variety to keep me excited about exercise and switch up what I do all the time - it's so easy to do with videos (and they are a lot of fun ). So I don't know what to suggest except maybe try a different machine or join a class? Have you tried intervals? Going as intense as you possibly can for a minute or two until you're completely breathless, then slowing down a little for a couple minutes to recover. Intervals always kill me.

Also, though, you can't just use how much you sweat as an indicator of whether or not you got a good workout. Were you struggling or just breezing through? Did your body feel worked after? Was your heart rate up? Amount of sweat will change due to a lot of factors, like hydration and the temperature of the room (I sweat a LOT in the summer when it's 74 in my apartment and very little in the winter when it's 67).