Bloated

• I've been working out 6 days a week and drinking atleast 4 or 5 bottles of water a day. It might be the food I eat I guess but i notice even when I eat things that are low in sodium Im still bloated. It's really annoying me because i never know my true weight and my stomach is always so bloated : / Am i drinking too much water?
  • I am also bloated as well. Are you fingers or ankles swollen? I recently went to the dr & my blood pressure was up. She said that can cause bloated,swelling. I thought it might be the heat. So put me on some diuretic meds to reduce fluid. If you can not figure out what is causing it, maybe check with your doc.
  • Is it whole-body bloating from retaining water, or stomach bloating from gas or something in your digestive system?

If it's the former, it sounds like you're doing everything right, so I agree with Gilligan, you should see your doctor if it's uncomfortable or is bothering you.

For the latter, it might be something you're eating. How long has it been going on? Did you start eating a lot more fiber recently? There's usually an adjustment period whenever you increase fiber where you might have bloating and/or gas. Are you eating fake sweeteners? Those make some people bloated. Also, if you have a food sensitivity/intolerance you might get some bloating... I know if I eat wheat (or drink beer), I'll blow up like a balloon even though I'm not allergic to it or anything like that. I just can't digest it well. Even if you can't identify something you're eating that causes it, you might find that taking a probiotic supplement (or eating probiotic-containing foods like yogurt or fermented foods) will help you out.
  • How many carbs are you eating? Carbs cause 4 grams of water to be stored for every gram of carbs eaten.
  • My feet will swell if I eat anything with yeast in it. Like pizza and bread.

It's not the flour, because pasta, crackers, cookies, cake....never bother me.