Hypnosis For Weight Loss

• So I'm watching Dr. Oz and there is a Hypnotist on discussing how hypnosis can be effective for weight loss.
    Has anyone ever tried this? If not would you?
    I HAVE!!! About 2 months ago while playing around on youtube I came across some and I listened, it was the strangest thing. I was listening then the next thing I know I hear the guy say "COME BACK" & I "woke up." Mind you I don't remember falling asleep at all! He says you think you're asleep but you're not, just very very relaxed.
    I listened every night for about a week & I was super motivated and was actually eager to do exercise.
    I'm still very skeptical by nature so I will say it's worth it to check out because it just might work.(LOL)
  • I have not tried it for weight loss but I would definitely try it and I think it would work. I used a program called hypnobabies while I was pregnant and it was wonderful. Its about using hypnosis to control childbirth without narcotics.
  • I admit it. I broke down while reading the newspaper at one of those hypnotist ads who show up at the local Holiday Inn. I went and it's become an amazing journey. I've lost 22lbs in 6 weeks. I eat half the amount of food I did before and I don't have cravings. It's easy to follow a diet when you aren't hungry. There are a few diet requirements that took some adjustment because this hypnotist had his own weight loss plan yet it's so easy to follow that it's not really a diet. The hypnosis made weight loss painless which I think is the magic bullet that most of us look for when we search for a new diet. I guess the best indicator will be can I maintain the weight loss long term and can I stick with it to lose all my weight? So far the answer is yes and this is the longest I've been able to stick to a diet in years.

I have a great deal of weight to lose but I can 'live" like this the rest of my life. This isn't dieting this is easily a permanent way of weight loss for me.
  • I would totally try it, in person tho not through tape or video
    if they can make you quack like a duck i dont see why they cant help your eating habits, at least for awhile. My moms friend completely quit smoking after like 20 years because of hypnosis
  • I'm with Jill. I would try it too. I did the hypnosis to quit smoking quit smoking about 7 years ago. Afterwards I had absolutely NO desire to smoke! It was a very strange feeling because I knew I had smoked...I knew I had "enjoyed" it before....and I kept thinking how odd it was that I didn't want a cigarette...very weird.

So, I don't see why a weight loss one wouldn't work. I'm sure it depends on the person, because I know that not everyone is able to be hypnotised. Heck, for all I know it could have all been in my head....but I don't smoke anymore...so there ya go. I'll have to start scouring the paper again...see if I can get in on one of the weight loss ones
  • Hi every on. I am new to this forum, my name is Jennifer.

I found a hypnosis MP3 by chance. I watched a YouTube video about why it's so hard to quit smoking. They guy explained that it's our subconscious that prevents us from winning the battle and that there is a 1 hour MP3 that a person can listen to to re-program the subconscious. It's guides you through a self-hypnosis process and gets your subconscious to agree that quitting smoking is something you really want.

I went to the the link he sent me where I could download the MP3 to quit smoking and I saw quite a few others that are available there and one of them is to lose weight. I've been using the quit smoking MP3 for 4 days now and I'm already smoking less cigarettes per day (I was smoking 20/day now I can only manage abou 10-12/day), so I believe the lose weight one will work too. As soon as I've achieved my goal to quit smoking, I'm going to download the lose weight MP3.

I know this forum has rules about posting links, so PM me if you want the link the guy sent me.