I tripped on the Treadmill

• I tripped on the treadmill my second time using it at the gym while I was trying to adjust my i-pod. I skinned my knee some but I'm alright. What I'm wondering if anyone has any tricks for adjusting music while on the treadmill? I was using an armband because I thought it would be helpful but I don't like the string hanging down from the earbuds and it's hard to adjust if I want to play a different song.

Note: I did get on the treadmill the 2 days after and was able to do a full workout on it.... but is interval jogging and walking good? I want to run a 5k in September and I alternate currently between 5.0 and 3.0-3.5 every 2 minutes for 20 minutes.
  • Since you're already doing some interval training in preparation for a 5k, you might want to check out couch to 5k (c25k), which does just that, but progresses you over 9 weeks to more and more jogging/running and less walking.

As for adjusting the songs, I have no answer for you. I just let my playlist play and don't worry about it. For the string hanging down issue: I have a set of earphones that has a clip half-way along the cord that lets me secure the cord to the edge of my shirt, keeping it from jumping around and generally being a pain.
  • I just set it up and then let it go and don't much fiddle with it. If I have to, I pause the workout.

You can also run your cord down thru your shirt so it comes out at your neck.

You can do a 5K schedule if you prefer something formal.

I've gone Galloway in the past. http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/5k.html

Also Cool running.http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/index.shtml

There's hidgon too. http://www.halhigdon.com/5K%20Training/5-Knovice.htm

Hope you are doing better after the fall!

A.
  • Just don't get sidetracked! Or, what I do is hold onto the side bars and jump onto the side platforms, then jump back on when I am ready. Or just put the speed down very low...
  • Quote: I tripped on the treadmill my second time using it at the gym while I was trying to adjust my i-pod. I skinned my knee some but I'm alright. What I'm wondering if anyone has any tricks for adjusting music while on the treadmill? I was using an armband because I thought it would be helpful but I don't like the string hanging down from the earbuds and it's hard to adjust if I want to play a different song.

Note: I did get on the treadmill the 2 days after and was able to do a full workout on it.... but is interval jogging and walking good? I want to run a 5k in September and I alternate currently between 5.0 and 3.0-3.5 every 2 minutes for 20 minutes.
    I'm training for a 5k as well! I walk/jog and Swear by C25K... if you have an android phone and download the app, it plays in your ear and tells you when to walk/jog/walk/etc. It's working Great for me!
    As far as the ipod, I set the playlist exactly how I want to hear it and just put it in my armband and let it play! Otherwise pause your workout, change it, then go
    Be safe!!
  • Thanks for the comments back! I've thought about running it through my shirt but I couldn't think of a way that wouldn't limit my range of motion... but maybe if I put it through my sleeve it might work!

I do not own an android but I will look into the program because I didn't know I could jog for a good amount of time until I tried at the gym.

I need to update my i-pod for fast songs... I always feel like I can run if there is a fast song playing... I could play the same song over again for a half an hour... hmmm.
  • try downloading some music by "Pink" she has a lot of emotional songs that fuel my work outs like crazy!
  • I also looked online for some "workout playlists" for "Pump it up jams"

Great ideas
  • Oh changing music...Ive almost busted my butt trying to change a song lol I just make a play list so i dont have to change a song. Make a playlist of stuff youd like to work out to so you dont hurt yourself.

@ mhill0823 I have a android also what app is this?? Id like to try it!!