Exercise & Hernias

• Woundering if anyone else found out they had hernias from exercise? and if so how it effected the continuation of exercising for them?

I lost around 100lbs years ago and had surgery cuz Dr found hernia in my abs, fixed with a mesh than lost some more weight.
    Last year Dr found several hernias in my upper abs. After a new mesh pads sewn in and months of recovery I noticed my stomach holds weight differently/abs are pretty shot/ and Im overly awear of my abs durning any form of exercise.

I know what the Dr says and did research on google, but you know what...according to all that I never should have had the hernias in the first place so I take all that advice with a grain of salt.

Am I alone in this happining?
  • This is not good. You probably were over exercising or doing it improperly to get the hernias in the first place. I think your doctor should answer this question.

I'd also get a personal trainer for a few sessions to be sure I am exercising correctly.
  • I have a large hernia on an incision in my upper abdomen. I was just in the e.r. last Saturday for it. The doctor pushed it back in and I have to wear a belly band 24/7 until surgery. I am pushing surgery off until December to get more weight off. Excess weight in the abdomen really pushes/pulls on the hernia. I've had the hernia for a couple years and there is no abdomen or core work in my future until I get it taken care of. Be very careful if you are feeling any pinching or pulling until you are able to consult with your doctor again.