Any good stir fry recipe for P1?

• I love cashew nut chicken so I would like to make a stir fry with veggies, cashews and chicken. But I'm not sure if there is any sauce that is p1 friendly?
  • You could use soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and garlic and some siracha sauce. You can use any sauce really that does not have sugar in it. I recommend you toast the cashew nuts in a pan with no oil before you use them, then heat the garlic in some neutral oil like canola, add the soy and a bit of rice vinegar and cook the chicken and veggies. The sesame oil should be used at the last minute as a garnish. You don't want it to burn.
  • Quote: You could use soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and garlic and some siracha sauce. You can use any sauce really that does not have sugar in it. I recommend you toast the cashew nuts in a pan with no oil before you use them, then heat the garlic in some neutral oil like canola, add the soy and a bit of rice vinegar and cook the chicken and veggies. The sesame oil should be used at the last minute as a garnish. You don't want it to burn.
    This is almost exactly what I would recommend. Maybe adding in a bit of natural PB or almond butter to thicken it up, but it would be delish on its own like that.
  • Can I use cornstarch? I like the idea of using a little natural pb in place of sugar that most recipes call for.

Is siracha sauce very spicy? I like spice but my toddler not so much.
  • Ohh sounds delish!
  • Quote: Can I use cornstarch? [...] Is siracha sauce very spicy?
    I'd avoid cornstarch on P1. When I need a thickener, I use arrowroot or I just omit the thickener completely so that a substitute wouldn't change the taste. When you have a thin sauce, maybe you can double it and let it reduce in a pan.

I use chili-garlic sauce instead of sriracha because it doesn't have sugar, so without knowing how different sriracha is, I'd just add a touch (maybe 1/4 tsp) for flavor but less spice.I'd try about 1-2 tbsp peanut butter, 3-4 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (can substitute white vinegar or water), 1/4 tsp of chili-garlic sauce, and 1-2 minced garlic cloves. I'm guessing since I improvised last time I made something like that. You could start with the smaller amounts and adjust upward if it's not enough. Also, instead of doing the sriracha or chili-garlic sauce, you could add crushed red pepper flakes to your dish, that way yours can be spicy without making your toddler's spicy. You won't need a thickener.