IP Daily Chat- Wednesday, June 15

You're on Page 7 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: I had my weekly weigh in today..... another 3 bites the dust...
    CONGRATS....doesn't it feel great??
  • I feel like an addict. After almost 3 months with no cheats I've cheated three times since Saturday!! I know I shouldn't really post here and should use the oops board but I just feel so awful. The combo of no loss after it looked like I was going to be down 3lb even though it's totally my fault, and my 4 year old having massive tantrums and pushing and hitting her 15 month old sister plus my husband being at work tonight just made me feel crazy. I even considered purging but decided that was worse and something I shouldn't start.

I did so good all day too dang it! I won't let that mess up keep going though. I did it, I'm not going to make it worse.

So here's the lesson. Cheat days are so so not worth it and make it really hard to get back to OP.

I'm going to get some of those ICE beverages. I know we aren't technically supposed to have carbonated beverages but it's way better for me to have those than the other crap I've been eating.

What did you do you to get back on track after a cheat?
  • I didnt have to pay a consult fee at all. I got to choose by the pack from day one. And the cost is $27 per 7 packets
  • Quote: Is the cereal a restricted?
    Quote: Yes the cereal is a restricted food!
    According to my IP sheet, the cereal is NOT a restricted food. Does anyone else have something that says different? I hope not - I like having something that's not a drink every once in awhile!

• Oh so that makes you a "bad" girl???? NOT!!!
    Quote: I feel like an addict. After almost 3 months with no cheats I've cheated three times since Saturday!! I know I shouldn't really post here and should use the oops board but I just feel so awful. The combo of no loss after it looked like I was going to be down 3lb even though it's totally my fault, and my 4 year old having massive tantrums and pushing and hitting her 15 month old sister plus my husband being at work tonight just made me feel crazy. I even considered purging but decided that was worse and something I shouldn't start.

I did so good all day too dang it! I won't let that mess up keep going though. I did it, I'm not going to make it worse.

So here's the lesson. Cheat days are so so not worth it and make it really hard to get back to OP.

I'm going to get some of those ICE beverages. I know we aren't technically supposed to have carbonated beverages but it's way better for me to have those than the other crap I've been eating.

What did you do you to get back on track after a cheat?
    I'm not sure you are as bad a person as you would suggest. There are going to be times in life when we make less than great choices but that doesn't mean we are anything less than human. I think my goal is going to make calculated cheats. I went out tonight with my best friend of 25 years, and we went to Chili's. Before I got there I had already created my game plan. I checked out the nutritional info and made an entree choice. I even had fries but only ate half. I planned my day so that it wasn't a huge "mistake" and have my day is planned tomorrow with food and boot camp. I feel like it is all a matter of making conscious choices, knowing what we are doing and why and being willing to make sacrifices and accept any consequences that may come from it. I would never pass up quality time with my best friend and we didn't have mexican and 2 margaritas like we typically would have. She said she is willing to do what ever works for me because the time together is more important than what we eat or drink. That is an example of the kind of life I choose to live.
  • I think that's great you made a plan, stuck with it and have a plan for tomorrow!

I'm afraid for me, a cheat just tastes like more. Thankfully I don't want sugary things after my other cheats but still. That's why I said I feel like an addict. I felt like I didn't have control of myself.
  • Quote: Is the cereal a restricted?

I weigh in tomorrow and I don't feel like I have lost anything this week. I guess we will see. I have been trying to up my water intake this week. I hope that it helps.
    According to my IP sheet, the cereal is NOT restricted (7 carbs) Restricteds are 12 carbs and up.
  • Quote: Well I'm back from my WI and doing the happy dance. Down 5.6 lbs tonight and 3 inches....yahooo!!!! I'm so happy!!! Down 30 lbs in 7 weeks and 55.65 inches. What else can I ask for??? I'm super excited...can you tell!!!
    Just have to say congrats to you Joanne- you totally deserved the incredible loss you achieved today for having kept your head up and staying n plan after last week's WI!!!!
  • Thank you Susan for sharing your story- that you have stayed so focused and achieved what you have is truly an accomplishment and be proud cause you're awesome!
    Shana the same goes for you- what a long way you have come Onederland is mere (relatively) moments away!
    Ishbel thank you for sharing the kale chip recipe as I need to try and switch it up a bit and get myself off of my rhubarb binge before I get bored!
    I had a starter kit that I was given with pre picked items so that I could see what I did/didn't like and this worked well for me because it enabled me to have a large repertoire of available food which helps with cravings etc.
    I am an all or nothing kind of a person especially on a diet as I have found in past experiences that once I allowed myself to slip it was a slippery slope down the side of a mountain. I quite firmly believe that commitment is absolutely needed on this diet not just for the mental side of things but also for the physical- it is hard on your body to be ketosis and throwing it in and out of ketosis is even harder on it. I try to equal it out in my mind as loyalty- just as I am loyal to my husband so that we can have a good, healthy relationship so must I be loyal to my diet to ensure a good healthy relationship with myself. I am proud of myself when I resist temptation, when pants fit better when people tell me how great I look. I really don't want to start the cycle of abuse again where I cheat and put myself down for it and start spiraling- I'm worth more than that. I think once a cheat happens recommitment is needed and if the level of commitment that is needed to stay true to this program cannot be rekindled it may be time to phase out so that there is no weight GAIN and the losses that have been attained stay just that- LOST because I'm pretty sure no one on here wants to find their weight again
    I have had a restricted everyday since I started and will continue to do so as one of the ladies on here- FannieMae's FIL is a toxicologist and he stated that the diet is not harmful as long as there is a restricted taken every day but that it may be otherwise- not to do the bootcamps etc
  • Cereal
    Quote: Is the cereal a restricted?

I weigh in tomorrow and I don't feel like I have lost anything this week. I guess we will see. I have been trying to up my water intake this week. I hope that it helps.

According to my printed sheets from IP the crispy cereal is NOT restricted. The Maple Oatmeal is the only restricted cereal. I hope this helps.

I wish you the best on your WI tomorrow. I also go in for WI #9 tomorrow morning.
  • Thank you for the replies on the cereal. I wish that the program was the same for everyone. It seems like we all get different advice from our coaches.

To answer the question on the cost of the program. I paid and initial $50 consult fee and I pay $28 for a box of seven.
  • Quote: Congratulations! That is so awesome. When I made it to the 100's I felt so good inside and wish the same for you!
    Thanks!
  • Quote: Shana the same goes for you- what a long way you have come Onederland is mere (relatively) moments away!

Thanks!
  • I paid a whopping $300 to join. and as I said earlier, I didn't get to pick my meals.

I guess it was alright for the first time because I got some stuff that I wouldn't have chosen, but I've found out they are not so horrible, but I will definitively ask to choose them from next week on.

Also, this is my first week and I was given one restricted item per day.

As far as my goal weight, my coach suggested that I go for 140lbs. I objected immediately (I really want to get to 120), but she said if once I got there I didn't like how I felt/looked, then I could re-set my goal.

Thanks for your responses everyone! good night!
  • Quote: According to my IP sheet, the cereal is NOT a restricted food. Does anyone else have something that says different? I hope not - I like having something that's not a drink every once in awhile!
    You know what...you're right....I just remembered it is NOT a restricted. Sorry about that.