I did it!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • One of my biggest hurdles in my journey has been giving up and learning to live without my weakness!!
    Southern style, good ole, Sweet Tea!!!
    I Mean I was bad off, drinking it constantly.. all day everyday!

So Ive been on a water diet, some diet drinks but mostly water!!
    Well I like to buy those flavor packets from time to time for my water just to spice my life up lol
    A friend recommended I try Lipton's sweet tea on the go... 0 calories and such, just flavoring basically and sweetner!
    and BAM~!
    Tastes just like mom made it!
    I felt soooooo guilty during that entire tea flavored bottle of water because i felt like I was breaking my diet drinking sweet tea!
    I'm so happy! It makes it so much easier!
  • I'm happy you found something that works! I do not like water and when I tell you, crystal light is a life saver!! I still make myself drink straight up water, but man having a GREAT option is the bee's knees no doubt! I'm a soda guy and having an alternative is imperative...otherwise i'd be going through at least 2 liters of Pepsi a day...smh
  • That is fabulous!! Sweet tea is so dangerously delicious that you need to pat yourself on the back a good hour for giving it up!
    Another thing I like (it's fairly new) is Mio water enhancer? I don't know if they have it in your area but it's pretty much zero everything except <1 g carb <1 g sugar and another friend is in agreement when we say it tastes like Kool Aid.
    Good job!!
    RB
  • Quote: I'm happy you found something that works! I do not like water and when I tell you, crystal light is a life saver!! I still make myself drink straight up water, but man having a GREAT option is the bee's knees no doubt! I'm a soda guy and having an alternative is imperative...otherwise i'd be going through at least 2 liters of Pepsi a day...smh
    The day they start making water enhancers that taste like Pepsi, I'll buy stock!!!

Quote: That is fabulous!! Sweet tea is so dangerously delicious that you need to pat yourself on the back a good hour for giving it up!
    Another thing I like (it's fairly new) is Mio water enhancer? I don't know if they have it in your area but it's pretty much zero everything except <1 g carb <1 g sugar and another friend is in agreement when we say it tastes like Kool Aid.
    Good job!!
    RB
    Mio is my absolute new favorite thing! I need to take a picture of my desk drawer at work.. it's humorous really.. There are 3 bottles of Mio, a box of Crystal light packets, and a box of lipton tea on the go.... all in the corner of my drawer. I love it!!! I usually try to drink straight water, but those make it sooo much easier!
    and you're SO right, just like koolaid!!! Strawberry Melon=Fave!!!
  • LOL mhill
    I wish I worked next to you! Fruit Punch is the only one I tried but you've inspired me to have collect em all!
    =)
  • lol its pretty funny. The other girls at work usually get a good laugh out of me... But they are all so supportive!!
  • Congrats on giving up the sweet tea!

I've got 4-5 flavors of crystal light packets in my drawer at work at any given time, and at home there's always a pitcher in the fridge. I make sure I'm drinking more plain water than crystal light, but I just freaking love the stuff, lol.

I've gotta try that Mio, I keep hearing everyone rave about it.
  • LOVE the Mio drops!! I even buy it for my boys to put in water. I believe they have a tea flavor??
  • Yea they do! I just like the lipton version better...
    I have berry pomegrante and strawberry watermelon right now
    i Love them! lol
  • I tried Mio, but went through that bottle in like 3 days lol... it could become an expensive habit...
  • True true! But a healthy one!!
  • Congrats on making better choices! Anytime we can make a choice that is better for us I see as a non-scale victory!

I use the water enhancer and love the Mio, it travels well but favorite drink is hot tea -- even in 104 Texas heat!
  • mhill...sounds like we have alot in common. I too was addicted to sweet tea. All I dring now is water as well. On occasion maybe tea w/ splenda or diet coke/pepsi...but these are rarely...like maybe 1 drink every 2 weeks. Strictly water for me! I had to choke it down at first, but now I am so used to it it is like second nature to reach for water! I havent seen or heard of the Lipton's tea on the go, but if it tastes like my Mom's I want some! LOL!
  • Quote: mhill...sounds like we have alot in common. I too was addicted to sweet tea. All I dring now is water as well. On occasion maybe tea w/ splenda or diet coke/pepsi...but these are rarely...like maybe 1 drink every 2 weeks. Strictly water for me! I had to choke it down at first, but now I am so used to it it is like second nature to reach for water! I havent seen or heard of the Lipton's tea on the go, but if it tastes like my Mom's I want some! LOL!
    I love finding someone who I have things in common with! and Yes, I told my mom she has a run for her money now lol I was the same way with water and I try to only use the water enhancers on occasion, and drink straight water more often! Now when I drink anything else it tastes funny! I accidentally picked up my bf's sonic cup instead of mine last night with sweet tea in it and I almost spit it out! It was SOOOO Sweet my mouth didn't like it! That makes me happy as well! lol I've adjusted to water!
  • I just read this whole thread hoping that I would figure out eventually what sweet tea is haha. I've seen it mentioned before in other posts...is it just like sweetened iced tea?