Blue Cross Blue Shield

• Hi Everyone!

My husbands employer is switching to BCBS and I was wondering if that particular insurance company covers Weight Watchers? I know HAP does for sure.
  • It might depend on the state, but where I'm from they do partial coverage of most weight loss plans like Weight Watchers.
  • I don't think so. For my state anyway.
  • My state covers up to $150 per year....so if your state is similar, it will cover a good chunk of it.
  • It depends on what the policy is that his employer buys. Just because BCBS may cover it for someone else doesn't mean his employer will allow that benefit.
  • Quote: It depends on what the policy is that his employer buys. Just because BCBS may cover it for someone else doesn't mean his employer will allow that benefit.
    Very true.

AND I know in Maine, our WW is franchise owned so even though my insurance will cover it (basically I would save $5 a month on my monthly pass) they won't do it because of the franchise....ugh.
  • Here in Arkansas you get a discount for WW if you have BCBS
  • BCBS operates independently in most states, and every state is different. Not only that there are different plans AND different levels of coverage on each plan. You'll have to find out whether there's coverage under your specific policy.
  • I just received my $150 ww check from BCBS for being a member. You have to have $150 worth of meetings, which i'm sure you do by now. I'm in Massachusetts. You also get $150 for being a member of a gym. I received a total of $300 this year.