New-day 1

• Hello,

Just found this website and am excited. My goal is 70 lbs!

My kids are grown and hubby and I have joined a gym so hopefully this will help in my weight loss. I go Wed to weigh in, can't wait!
  • Welcome!!! And good luck!
  • welcome and good luck!
  • Good Luck! I first join Jan 2010 nd lost 30 lbs by March 2010...had surgery and gained weight back - but go back in for food plan info....am excited to rejoin and start fresh!

I have been reading posts on this site from day one and posters have been a wealth of information and support!
  • Quote: Hello,

My kids are grown and hubby and I have joined a gym so hopefully this will help in my weight loss. I go Wed to weigh in, can't wait!
    Welcome! I found that with my children grown that I could really focus of my diet plan and exercise. For once, it was all about me. Thank goodness .. I am nearly at the goal.

So, have fun! This forum is a wonderful support group.
  • This is a fantastic group. I know I owe MOST of my success to the encouragement of the group, not my center! :-)
  • Thanks everyone, I got thru the weekend ok, even bypassed some cinnamon rolls my son had bought for breakfast and did some swimming at the gym last night. I want to take my family on a cruise in October so I am hoping to be at my goal by then. Looks like there is a ton of help and info on here. I will start blogging on the June blog, 2 more days until I weigh in (5) days. Wow Cdreeh, 30 lbs, thats great!
  • I agree with "hatethesweatpants." I found so much support and ideas here.

"Keystone" as in PA? If so, that's where I was born. My children have also moved out of the house but for several years now. It does take adjusting to but I really look forward for when they come to visit.

Good luck with your weight loss. You are at a good place with MRC and this forum.
  • Quote: Hello,

Welcome,nice to meet you and want to wish you the best of luck in your new challenge..

Patzi
  • Quote: I agree with "hatethesweatpants." I found so much support and ideas here.

"Keystone" as in PA? If so, that's where I was born. My children have also moved out of the house but for several years now. It does take adjusting to but I really look forward for when they come to visit.

Good luck with your weight loss. You are at a good place with MRC and this forum.
    Actually Florida, Keystone Heights, although we just recently moved to Gainesville,GO GATORS! My MIL was originally from PA though. My 17yr just graduated dual enrollment with his AA and Univ of FL accepted him in Jan. He is so excited, he wants to be a doctor, so we figured we better move closer to help pay for college.