I just tried Goat's milk

• And it's good! Really good. It's got this rich, creamy taste, with an after taste that reminds me of mozzarella cheese. Has anyone else tried it?
  • I haven't tried it.
    I have read somewhere that goat's milk is 'better' for you than cow's milk.
    I don't know why though ?????
    Is goat's milk readily available at the grocery store? I've never looked for it.
  • ive never tried it either... is it more expensive than cow's milk??
  • Yeah, it's pretty expensive. I found it in the health food aisle at Kroger in a 1 quart carton. It was marked down to 1.99, so I thought, "why not?" It's originally about 4 dollars which, to me, is pretty outrageous, so I don't see it being something I can get all the time. But I'm happy I tried it. I love trying new foods/drinks.
  • I have some goats milk in the fridge that I am giving to an orphaned kitten... Thought about trying it, it looks really white and creamy. I don't drink milk in general, but my curiousity may get the best of me. I think I'll use it for cooking. Btw, Serval87, I like how your cat is LAUGHING in the first pic. Too cute!
  • I know! That was the first pic I ever saw of him, and it promptly made me want to adopt him. He is such a goofy boy. Oh, and you should definitely try a sip. I'm not a fan of regular milk, either, but I really liked it.
  • Never had straight up milk, but I love goat's milk cheese! My neighbor's up the road are the Fabulous Beekman Boys (planet green) and they make delicious cheese, called Blaak. They also make amazing soaps and other goat's milk products.

Oops, that sounded a bit like a plug, didn't it?

Anyways, I'd love to try straight up goat's milk! I'll have to look around for it.
  • I bet the cheese is fabulous.
  • I don't drink milk, but I do love goat cheese. Yum!
  • I have also switched to goat's milk. It taste sooooo much better that cow's milk. And the goat cheese is amazing. I have found out how to make goat cheese, so I will begin making my own.