How do you measure the meat

• Dieters I have been wondering what's the best was to measure your allowable IP meat quantity of 5 ounces of chicken poultry beef etc and 7 ounces of fish. What's the equivalent? Is one chicken breast 5 ounces for example
  • I put mine on a food scale to measure.
  • I weigh mine with a food scale.
    http://caloriecount.about.com/articl...imate_portions - I made a cue card when eating out from the website.
  • i weigh my meat on an electric scale, alot easier to be sure how much your getting.
  • So typically what do you see? Are you consuming one chicken breast or two as a measurement. I don't have a scale right now and I am trying to make dinner. I am new to this and hoping to stay true much thanks in advance
  • I find 1 boneless skinless chicken breat is 5 oz
  • Thank you
  • My coach told me I should have 8 oz of meat or fish (which is sometimes hard to shove down!) and that this was an update from teh previous 5-7. She also encourages white fish (which is great because I love cod!) which is lean.

I bought food scales, and what I realized was that 6-8 oz was more meat than I expected!
  • Me too, it was like man I have to eat all this chicken, My son says gee mom thought you were on a diet lol....I usually share with my fat cat since sometimes its too much to get down.
  • Do you weigh before or after cooking?
  • Quote: Do you weigh before or after cooking?
    There are conflicting responces on this but I used to weigh before and now I just eye it and if it makes the diet easier, weighing cooked lean protein such as bonless skinless chicken or many cuts of fish will not negatively impact loss... just be more strict with beef and pork like steaks/ribs