Hot Weather...No excercise

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm dreading excercising today. It's 96 degrees and humid in Georgia today and is supposed to be that way all week. Even with Air Conditioning its sticky. Is anyone else opposed/dread working out when the weather is so unbearable?
  • I went for a run ouside yesterday at 3pm. It was about 85. I thought I would die. I liek running in 50 - 60 degree weather. I wonder if I will adjust? I mean - I can adjust to the cold in the winter. My lungs get used to the cold... can they get used to the heat?

IDK. I am just going to have to suck it up and get up early and run or do it on the TM inside. (~gag~)
  • I normally walk at lunch time but it has been miserable here, I work downtown so it is even hotter than the other areas of the city. I just looked at the spinning thermometer thingy we have on a building down here - 97!

For now I will stick with my 2X a week pilates classes, one in air conditioning, one in a sufficiently cool old building.

Good luck!
  • It's 90+ degrees here and hazy humid. I'm going out at 6:30 to do my run, I've been dreading it all day. Will definately jump in the pool as soon as I get back.

I have my 5K race in > 2 weeks and have the countdown workout schedule posted on my wall. I'm determined to finish all my workouts before the race. Luckly the run I'm doing today I've already completed a few times, being able to do it in the heat will be the true test.
  • Move to Seattle, it's currently cloudy and about 60°. We've only had one or two days over 70° this whole year.
  • I hear you! I'm down in the South too.
    I get out by at least 6:30 am if not earlier to get my run/walks in. With the bike I usually can handle the heat because I know a shaded trail. But lots of water of course.
    It's just hot and humid. No way around it. Running in the evening is just so oppressive and thankfully I can get out in the morning right now.
  • Oh my god it was 91 in Boston today... I did my Insanity workout in my room and just about died.
  • I get up early in the morning and workout when Iknow it's going to be HOT
  • Swimmmmm
    Quote: I'm dreading excercising today. It's 96 degrees and humid in Georgia today and is supposed to be that way all week. Even with Air Conditioning its sticky. Is anyone else opposed/dread working out when the weather is so unbearable?
    You can get a workout in a pool! It's a wonderful way to cool off while working out. Try either swimming laps or just treading water for some time will help burn some calories!

• Quote: Oh my god it was 91 in Boston today... I did my Insanity workout in my room and just about died.
    I learn a lot reading this forum. Now I want to find out what an "Insanity workout" is. This week I learned what "C25K" is.
    One lady wrote, "It's TTOM"; and I was wondering WTH!?...oh never mind.
  • Yesterday I waited until night--at least here it cools down a bit. Today I didn't do regular exercise (it was over 90 too) but since I was outside I made sure I was active. I'm going to work on my stomach tonight-less sweat than cardio even though it hurts so much lol.
  • Honestly, that's one of the main reasons I joined a gym. I knew I wasn't going to get much exercise this summer if I didn't.
  • It's 100+ in India right now! Early morning workouts for me for the next few months
  • Quote: Move to Seattle, it's currently cloudy and about 60°. We've only had one or two days over 70° this whole year.

I KNOW!!! I love this weather! Hopefully we will have a mild summer this year.
  • My workout changes with the weather, and with 90+ back for the next 6 months, the AC gym will be seeing my smiling face again. I've been MIA as far as the Y is concerned the last 6 months when walking and biking outside was so appealing.