binge eating disorder treatment

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Flabbytheighs....I hate calling you that. Better if I knew your real name. I feel like I'm namecalling....LOL

I know what you mean when you say that your hubby is a man of few words and wants to fix everything. Mine is the same. In the past when I need to tell him something that's especially hard for me to say I write him a letter. I know that might sound silly but it really does help me. I dont have the worry about sitting there trying to talk to him and crying and wondering if he's understanding me. I've done this a few times and asked him to please read it while he's alone. Later we will talk about it ....only when he brings it up. I dont like to bring it up I wait until he's had time to really think about things.

I think doing this sort of takes pressure off of me and him. He doesn't have to worry about sitting there and saying words of wisdom to me...trying to fix everything and I dont have to face him while admitting something to him.

Johnnie....your so GOOD!!! I dont know what I would have done with the donuts. That's one of my weaknesses. Good Work!!!!

• I've done that before with my hubby (write him letters)....and he knows about my weight issue's. I just don't want to burden him right now with anymore problems. He has more than he can handle right now. Maybe after this first quarter year is over we can have a good long discourse....right now I just want things to run like butter for him at home. haha
  • How was everyones weekend? I am just checking in with you to make sure that we all have to support we need.
  • I did not binge but, I did terrible on my diet. but not bingeing is a plus for me. I wonder how Mall girl is doing with her therapy?? Wish she would post to us about it. I hope I do better this week....I am such an emotional eater and I have had alot of ups and downs lately. Hope everyone else did well. Love, flabby
  • FT way to go. You have amade a small step but it really is a big one for you. It is ok that you didn't do to well on your diet. You didn't binge and that is great. Just think of how many cals you didn't eat. I am sure you did good with the fat intake too. Don't try to takel this thing all at once that is when you will fall off again. I didn't do good this weekend either but that is ok. I know that I can pull myself together and start over again. Hubby is going out of town again so I will be very tempted to eat. I am going to be strong and remind myself that I am only binging b/c he isn't home and I am lonely.
  • I just keep thinking that if we keep telling outselves that it is ok when we don't do what we are suppose to do........ then when do we start holding ourselves accountable for what we do and saying something like " OK, Fat ***...enough is enough!!! What is it about thin and healthy that we don't like?? blah, blah blah"???? Do I make any sence????
  • I wasn't saying that you shouldn't be accountable for what you are doing. I am just saying that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You are a great person and should talk positivly about yourself. I am sure that you have lots of good qualities. I know it took me awhile to really see that I was a good person and that I was worthy of whatever I wanted to do with my life. I knew that binging was not good for me emoptionally or physically and I just had to make the decision that I am worth all of this effort. Let me tell you, I am still havning a rough time. This is in no way easy. I really look forward to coming to this site and getting the support I need. I just hope that you will do the same. Don't give up on us b/c I am not going to give up on you.
  • Oh Nooooo!
    I just got a call from my therapists office. She went in for emergency hip surgery and will be out for weeks! Now I guess I have to wait for her to recover to get back into counseling. And just when I felt like we were starting to get somewhere!

I'll keep you posted, but keep me in your thoughts that I stay on plan and sane!

Johnnie
  • Oh No!!!!!!! Keep posting with us Johnnie!!!! (by the way.... Love your scarey dude) Maybe you can help me get my self esteem up) I need a good dose of it ......I think!!!! Maybe we can keep you sane or make you crazier....either way you won't be the same!!!! lol I just love you guys and so glad I found ya'll. Keep posting Johnnie we are here for you!!!
  • Happy Tuesday everyone. How did everyone do last night?

Joe grilled steak for us, I had a filet. I also had a potato but it was a sweet potato so much better for me. I didn't binge at all last night. One of Joe's friends came in b/c they were leaving today to go goose hunting so the house was busy. I am thankful for that b/c I probably could have put a hurting on some peanut brittle. I really need to throw that stuff out. I am all geared up for today. I think it will be a good one. Now if I can just keep this feeling all day until I get home. I might even do a workout tape. (I say that now)
  • Throw that nasty peanut brittle away now!!!!! Do you think you can sling it all the way to Oklahoma???? haha Gotta run!! Cards with the girls.....this is my hardest day to be good. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Will report back when I get home. Be good.
  • I did good at cards....didn't eat those yummy looking sweet cookies. They had Turkey and dressing for lunch and I ate some dressing....not much....(Just love that stuff) Now to make it through the night. Wish me luck...Hope all of you are doing well.
  • Good luck FT. You will be in my thoughts. I will be battling this by myself tonight.
  • Seems I never binge anymore.....I just seem to eat things I shouldn't. Never gain weight but I do not lose and ounce either. Now, my bingeing is not cured. It never will be. But I have not binged in ages. So right now anyway.....why am I not staying on my diet or (new eating plan)?????????
  • Are you trying to be to restrictive?