No more fear of scale

• Hi all,

I think I am becoming friends with my scale! By that---I mean, when I have a heavy night of munching or eating, the next day I make myself get on the scale. I say "you are going to see something crazy", and I allow myself to get used to the numbers on the scale.

Seeing a 4 pound difference from the day before because I ate some food is always crazy to me---but I get used to it, and sometimes, I realize my body just fluctuates more than the average joe.

Getting to know how much my body fluctuates has been a tremendous tool for me.

I am also learning how to "take it slow" when it comes to losing weight. I've started my new transformation in March, around my birthday. I told myself that I was going to give myself, for my 26th birthday, a body that is 20 pounds lighter.

Sounds crazy, but I want my body to be ready when I have kids, I want to know that I can lose the weight and feel confident about myself. I want to reach certain exercise goals before i have a kid too : marathon!!

So, between my marathon training and my triathlon training, i allow myself to eat, and not to go too overboard.

My sister's wedding sent me wayyyy offf track----and it's only been this message board that's helped me realize that. It's hard to get back on the bandwagon---but I am back!

I weigh 156.2 today, and my goal by the end of the month is 155. I want to learn how to maintain my weight. While it's great to eat yogurt every morning before the day starts, it does get old.

My goal this month is to eat more varied foods, and at the same time, to just try to eat less and get to 155 and make sure I can maintain that throughout the month.

Next month, below the 155 area gets hard for me----SO----I am going to take it a pound at a time.

In july, I will do the same thing, try to get down to 154 and maintain. I feel like losing one pound a month is a good goal and easier to maintain.

June - 155
    July - 154
    August - 153
    September - 152
    October - 151
    November - 150
    December - 149
    January - 148
    February - 147
    March - 146

I think that doing it slowly this way will make the weight loss progress last longer, because everything takes time, right?
  • I have to say, I'm impressed! I wish I had my body that well figured out and had the mental fortitude to not be shaken by fluctuations and small losses. Good for you!
  • Good for you! Your goal is realistic and great for a true life-change.

You know, I didn't want to own a scale for the longest time and based my weight on clothing fitting, measurements, etc. I'm with you, however, that you just have to embrace the scale and remember that it is just one of many tools to make sure you are living a healthy life.
  • It's so important to find a system that you are comfortable with and that will allow you to achieve your goals, whatever they may be. It sounds like you have!