Weekend chat thread: Friday June 3- sunday June 5

You're on Page 10 of 10
Go to
  • Quote: Even after my step mother knowing and seeing I was dieting she was still offering to give me stuff. We went to help them move as they purchased a new house. So I was helping her unpack boxes of food. She had all kinds of deserts and kept offering them to me and I just kept saying NO THANK YOU!!!

I think I was more hurt that they didn't even question what diet I was doing. Like they weren't even interested as to what I was doing. I felt like they didn't care.
    Jo I am sorry your family didn't notice, sometimes those closest to us, don't notice who were are or what we have accomplished. It is always hard when you are so proud of your accomplishments. I am proud of you for doing this for yourself. You know how good it makes you feel and how good you are doing, and your DH and daughters can see it... They are what counts. When you are on maintenance and you go to visit your dad again and the stepmom offers you dessert you can just say no thank you, I don't need to eat that as I am secure in the knowledge that my body doesn't need that, but you go ahead and have some.
    Have a nice week
    Joanne
  • Quote: Even after my step mother knowing and seeing I was dieting she was still offering to give me stuff. We went to help them move as they purchased a new house. So I was helping her unpack boxes of food. She had all kinds of deserts and kept offering them to me and I just kept saying NO THANK YOU!!!

I think I was more hurt that they didn't even question what diet I was doing. Like they weren't even interested as to what I was doing. I felt like they didn't care.
    Hang in there! My husband is very supportive and said to my step kids (adults) Doesn't Nikki look good she's lost 20 lbs? Their response was, "really???? you can't tell." I was devistated. Then I reminded myself I have a support system with my husband, my daughter, my coach and my mom. I told myself to let go of the negativeness and focus on the positives. There will always be those out there that have nothing nice to say and that would just as soon see us fail.

I think some of the nay sayers don't know how to react. You're changing and they don't know where they will fit in. As you lose weight will you look down on them or try to get them to lose weight. You're taking control of your life, which reinforces that they have no control over their eating, including your step mom. I'm so proud of you for planning ahead and staying on you plan!
  • Hello! I am so glad to be able to be back on the computer... I have been so sick the past 2 days and just not able to get out of bed so I'm thankful that I am up and moving around now!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend... I have a lot of catching up to do on posts!! I'll save that for the morning...

Got a question though... has anyone else had emotional swings (don't know what else to call it) while on IP? I seem to be very emotional the past few days and I know it's not TOM because I don't get those anymore so... I cry at the drop of a hat and am just really down on myself (more than usual anyway)
  • Quote: Hello! I am so glad to be able to be back on the computer... I have been so sick the past 2 days and just not able to get out of bed so I'm thankful that I am up and moving around now!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend... I have a lot of catching up to do on posts!! I'll save that for the morning...

Got a question though... has anyone else had emotional swings (don't know what else to call it) while on IP? I seem to be very emotional the past few days and I know it's not TOM because I don't get those anymore so... I cry at the drop of a hat and am just really down on myself (more than usual anyway)
    I think I've read several comments about being "moody." I know May was rough for me. I lost my mom (2 years ago) and my brother (10 years ago) the first week in May. This year seemed especially difficult without them because they were always so supportive of anything I did. So the answer, yes I get emotional, but it gets better. Overall, I think my general mood is more upbeat than it's been in a long time but those first few weeks were not fun. I don't get "those" (TOM) either, LOL so it's hormones but fortunately it could be much worse!!! LOL
  • Quote: Hello! I am so glad to be able to be back on the computer... I have been so sick the past 2 days and just not able to get out of bed so I'm thankful that I am up and moving around now!!

Yep! Fat stores hormones...as we lose the fat, it releases the hormones! So moody moody moody we become!

My niece has started this diet as well..and she just finished the first week. She's like..I'm just so moody right now. I go from happy to angry to sad at the drop of a hat. I said.. "Welcome to detox!" I hope the second week is better for her. Last week she was on the go all the time. I think if she can take it easy this week, and just adjust to the diet she'll be much happier!

Anyway..Locking this one, and starting mondays.