other message boards/forums?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • 3FC is obviously great. Are there any other message boards or forums that you visit or might recommend? I'm not looking for health/nutrition related stuff necessarily, just general topics. I'd love to find others but in the searches I'm not really coming up with the right stuff. I wouldn't stop coming here, I couldn't! Funny, I feel like I'm cheating on 3fc by even posting this...lol.
  • Gosh I don't even know... 3FC is the most respectful and supportive board I've ever been on...

But, I guess it couldn't hurt to search by topic. What sort of "general topics" are you looking for? News? Sports? Hobbies? Interests?

Sometimes sites about those things have links to their own forums or could point you in the direction a few.
  • I love The Straight Dope
  • One of the best out there is realityupdates.com.

If you like reality TV it's the one to go to.
  • Thanks for the replies. I'll check those out.
  • And don't forget hulu.com
  • I like the forums of etiquettehell (for etiquette and life topics), disboard (Disney and Universal topics), tripadvisor, clarkhoward (financial topics), weddingbee, and flyertalk. Hmmm I think I read way too many forums.
  • I visit the Holistic Ferret Forum (holisticferret60.proboards.com) because I have four ferrets. I know this probably isn't what you're looking for, but because I have these furkids. It centers around natural ferret care and raw diet. Anyway, someone might be interested if they like ferrets.lol
  • http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php

Forum devoted to the use and discussion of workout DVD's.

Watch your wallet. We like to recommend workouts that you must get.

http://www.ravelry.com/ For knitters and crocheters. Lots of free pattern links.
  • Dogster.com for all things dog. There is also a catster, but I don't visit that very often.
  • Oh, and Television Without Pity has great forums to discuss your fav shows. Moderation is very very strict, which can feel a bit stifling.
  • If you're into makeup, fashion or fitness (they have an awesome fitness board!), I really like makeupalley.com message boards.
  • Quote: Oh, and Television Without Pity has great forums to discuss your fav shows. Moderation is very very strict, which can feel a bit stifling.
    Read the rules forum Very carefully. One misstep and you will be BANNED! lol I like to lurk there, but don't bother posting...cause I got BANNED. lol
  • I am single and have a hidden profile on Plenty of Fish, and love reading their forums...things can get quite heated at times. And sometimes, they have funny stories about dates gone wrong that make me laugh and be glad I'm single!

I also love to travel, so TripAdvisor.com is a favorite. I am always on the New York City forum b/c I am planning a trip there in August. That forum can get quite heated too!
  • Wow, lots of great ideas. Thanks! I'll be checking in on some of these!