New from NC!

• Hi! I'm new to the forum - though certainly not to weight loss attempts. I lost 20lbs last fall, but then after the holidays, life caught up to me and I haven't really been able to get myself to the gym and I've not lost any more (though I haven't gained...). Having a super skinny boyfriend who can eat ANYTHING and not gain an ounce doesn't help...

I've been overweight my entire life - I never did sports or anything growing up, but that was okay because I've always been the "nerd" (a title I wear proudly!). I know it's time for a change - a real change. I'm 25, and an extremely busy graduate student - but I don't need to use that as an excuse any longer.

I've started a sort of "weight loss challenge" between myself and two of my friends who are also looking to lose a bit of weight. I'm currently at 207 and am hoping to be down to (at least) 160... though I'm not sure what a realistic timeline for achieving that goal is. Right now I'm planning on taking it slow and steady - I want this to be a "lifestyle change" and not a "diet."

I can't wait to get to know everyone!
  • Hello there and welcome to 3FC!
  • Welcome to 3FC =)

You'll find all kinds of support around here. Keep coming back!