Old 05-30-2011, 09:46 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Thank you all for the support! I'm back from my tap class and happy to report that I did not give in! I came home, had my supper (grilled pork loin and broccoli) and went to my class. Tap completely turned it around for me and I feel great now! I just had my chocolate RTD and I'm going to be getting ready for bed soon. It was a good day!

Blue&White: You look just gorgeous! What a great picture!
Thanks, and so glad to hear you had a victorious ending to your day!
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:52 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 268/254/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Well, I don't want to offend anyone, as I know some have strong opinions about only weighing on the coach's scale. However, my coach's scale was really all over the place compared to mine (once was. 10 lb difference like yours) and it really messed with my head in those early weeks. It helped when my daughter, who's in health care, told me those scales do need to be calibrated from time to time, and aren't necessarily infallible.

Anyway, while I go for my weigh-ins, and record both weights, the one I consider 'official', is mine at home.

I know it's hard, but try to not let it bring you down. Just observe both for now, and before too long, you'll have clothes that are too big, and measurements that are changing, and the number on the scale will just be part of the whole picture.
I appreciate you saying that. I'm feeling really low right now, and almost cheated because it felt like it wasn't worth it. my coach was disappointed in me, and I told her that my scale at home said differently, and she just gave me this look. I want to cry. I haven't cheated, I was so proud of myself up until this stupid weigh in
albertamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #63  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymaple View Post
Hi there, so good to hear how wonderful everyone is doing. I started the program on May 4th and have lost 10 lbs to date. After reading this forum which I just found, I learned my slower progress might be due to eating a restricted item everyday, but 10lbs off my body feels great!

Looking forward to the next 5lbs off and seeing everyone else succeed with IP!
It isn't necessarally the restricted some people eat it every day, some don't have restricted items at all, some have restricted every other day. Now me I can't figure out my weight lose rates they are all over the place, I even did bootcamp for one week to see if that made a difference it didn't and at that time my coach said we need restricted. So now it is about every other day I have a restricted. You might want to experiment by not having any one week and see the weight loss and then have one every other day and see what the weight loss is, then have one every day for a week to see the weight loss. If you are like me and there is no ryhme nor reason, it just is. It also depends on how much weight you want to lose, if it is a little amount it might take longer then us who have to lose lots it goes fast the first little while and then adjusts to normal loses.

Quote:
Thank you all for the support! I'm back from my tap class and happy to report that I did not give in! I came home, had my supper (grilled pork loin and broccoli) and went to my class. Tap completely turned it around for me and I feel great now! I just had my chocolate RTD and I'm going to be getting ready for bed soon. It was a good day!

Blue&White: You look just gorgeous! What a great picture!
Great Susie I was going to respond to your earlier post and then I saw this. We all knew you could do it, I find when I go out and exercise I feel so much better. Have a good night.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertamel View Post
I appreciate you saying that. I'm feeling really low right now, and almost cheated because it felt like it wasn't worth it. my coach was disappointed in me, and I told her that my scale at home said differently, and she just gave me this look. I want to cry. I haven't cheated, I was so proud of myself up until this stupid weigh in
I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience with your coach. Hopefully it's not a sign of what's to come in your relationship with her. YOU, however, are absolutely worth what you are doing for yourself. You had a successful week with no cheating, and you can keep on having more of the same. Hang in there!
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

I just tried the pure protien bars. Ick! I won't be buying those again! I'll stick to ordering from Nashua.

While camping I did have my OP chips and bars. Instead of one per day I had one of each. Bad April. Chips have always been my weakness so I've decided not to buy them again. I can do only 1 bar much easier anyway. Other than that I was totally OP and my parents always have tons of food! The had many different things I wanted but didn't eat. So in the end I really feel like an extra restricted vs anything else is ok.
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #66  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
don't know why but when I eat a lot of pork I get bloaty... keep going you are doing great.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Have you been eating things that are higher in sodium? I think that's what does it to me. Also, I think we need more hydration once the weather warms up. I know that I didn't drink enough water yesterday considing I was outside gardening for most of the day.
Thanks for the suggestions- and the support.
I haven't had any pork lately, so it's likely not that. I swear I feel like PMS is coming on- but that would be sad since it has been 2 weeks since my last.
I really haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary in the past few days.
Pxlkitty I agree- about the water. The only other thing I can think of is not enough water on the weekend (not that it was warm here)- and I skipped a salad or two- so maybe I'm just... you know, backed up. Sorry! Way TMI!
Crossing fingers that things improve before WI on Wednesday!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:01 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertamel View Post

A one or two pound discrepency might be accurate but such a big discrepency woudl make me wonder!!!

I agree with BlueandWhite that you should keep a sheet at home where you record both weights and keep tracking that way. Also, take your measurements and use them for comparison purposes too. Your Coach should be measuring at least once a month but with such a discrepency between the scales, I would want it done more often.

Eventually, as your clothes do get looser and maybe if you have the opportunity to weigh in somewhere else (at a Doctor's appointment or something) you will figure out where the problem is. It may well be her scale! Try not to let it get you down until you know for sure.

I find it kind of strange that even in the case of small discrepencies, the Coach's scale almost always seems to display a higher weight than the client's scale Shouldn't it be off in both directions (higher for some and lower for others)? I sometimes wonder if there isn't some "funny business" going on sometimes because after all, selling IP is a business and a couple of pounds more can translate into a couple of weeks more on a higher phase, a couple of weeks more on the diet and a couple of weeks more on supplements... also maybe a little more frustration and a chance to sell other products (like the cleanse? or the optional supplements - Omega 3 and digestive enzymes? The laxatives?) as possible solutions. I am not saying that all Coaches are dishonest, as I know for sure that some are great but it just seems kind of strange...

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-31-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #68  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
My coach's scale is normally 0.5 to 1 lb below my scale at home. Keep in mind that a lot of "cheap" scales may not be that accurate. I finally gave up and bought a nice scale at home. Not sure if IP dictates the types of scale that their coaches use. I think they should mandate a good medical-grade scale and make sure they get calibrated regularly.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote