IP Daily Chat Monday May 30

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: hey guys! i love this diet! i am so thankful to all of you who are always there for help! i am done yo-yoing too, and i think this is the last time i go between 3 sizes. i have lost 30lbs in 6 weeks and i can't believe it. (maybe 7 weeks, i will have to look, lol) i am so proud of myself and i never ever say that. i will be going to the beach for a month in September and i just can't wait not to be be miserable and feel so uncomfortable. this year I WILL FEEL GOOD AND LOOK BETTER than i have in years.
    So proud of you, Crystal!
  • Thank you all so much for your sweet compliments! I have to tell you though, being so big for so long I lost any bit of fashion sense I might have had LOL. That whole outfit came from Le Chateau, compliments of the sales girl helping me out...I obviously wanted a black shrug and she insisted I needed to get away from all the black. REALLY glad she convinced me
  • Don't do it! Don't cheat! Go to a friend or relative's house who have a scale if needed. A cookie is not worth the $85 a week to get back on plan. And it is not worth 30 seconds of pleasure vs a lifetime of feeling terrific!
  • Hi there, so good to hear how wonderful everyone is doing. I started the program on May 4th and have lost 10 lbs to date. After reading this forum which I just found, I learned my slower progress might be due to eating a restricted item everyday, but 10lbs off my body feels great!

Looking forward to the next 5lbs off and seeing everyone else succeed with IP!
  • Quote: Struggling right now: I just keep wanting to eat. I am not sure if it is physical hunger or emotional/stress hunger but it sure feels physical and I am not sure why. I just had a bar to try and tame it but I want more! ...but I am not going to give in: "Do not give in to failure". I am part of the way through TOM, so maybe that has something to do with it. I finish work soon, then the commute home, then my supper and then I will be going to my tap class tonight so at least that will get my mind off things. Some days are just harder than others.
    That was me last week…remember? You were one of the kind people who encouraged me to stay strong and I’m happy to report I’ve had a super successful first week of phase 2. (WI tomorrow and I’m not as terrified as I usually am) Tap, tap, tap away those cravings – I know you can do it!
  • Quote: Good morning ladies!

I am so stoked about being on this WOE! Since officially starting last Wednesday, I am down 10 lbs! I can't wait until my official wi on Friday!

Thank you all for being so informative and supportive!
    Have a great OP week!
    Way to Go laura!
    Keep to it!
  • Quote: Struggling right now: I just keep wanting to eat. I am not sure if it is physical hunger or emotional/stress hunger but it sure feels physical and I am not sure why. I just had a bar to try and tame it but I want more! ...but I am not going to give in: "Do not give in to failure". I am part of the way through TOM, so maybe that has something to do with it. I finish work soon, then the commute home, then my supper and then I will be going to my tap class tonight so at least that will get my mind off things. Some days are just harder than others.
    Susie!!! We've all been there! I'm sure you managed to stay OP

Hope that the tap class took your mind completely off it, and that you were able to enjoy yourself!
  • just had my second period this month, anyone else going through this?
  • Well..I managed to "fry" myself today!

It was gorgeous here in Michigan. 87 degrees. The kids played in the lake for hours..and therefore, I got toasted. The water was way too cold for me to get in

Hope you all had a great day.
  • Quote: I just had a good friend leave my house 5 minutes ago with 4 (FOUR!!) black trashbags full of size 14-16-18 clothes. She had weight loss surgery and is just moving in to size 18 and is in desperate need of clothes. It felt like I was shedding so many layers. I'm done yo-yoing through those 3 sizes. I'm firmly in a 12 and some 10s and I'm not going back. Honestly, it was hard to see those clothes go but I feel lighter already.

NSV for me from this weekend: my brother plays in a local band and I was hit on at his concert. I literally had no idea what was happening until mid way through the conversations. It was hilarious and flattering.
    Isn't it nice being able to regift clothes to friends? One of my dear friends wore my favorite pair of Lucky capris to church yesterday and it was cool to see her rocking them. Good for you for letting them go. There was a woman on here last fall that just wasn't willing to get rid of any of her clothes because she wanted to keep them "just in case" - don't give yourself any excuse to go backwards!

The concert thing cracked me up too - the same thing has happened to me. I can be so oblivious sometimes. Generally if a boy is chatting me up, he's gay! Straight boys never used to talk to me.

Quote: I know what you mean! I had a couple of days like that last week, but I do think hormones played a part. You can get through it, and tomorrow will be better!!!
    You DO look totally adorable in your avatar - great dress!

Quote: just had my second period this month, anyone else going through this?
    IP is notorious for screwing with your cycle. It has just regulated mine, but I know other people have had a number of issues with it.
  • hey everyone,
    I went for my first weigh in today, and according to the scale my coach has, I'm only down 2.5 lbs, but according to my scale, I'm down 12. anyone know why there might be a discrepancy? I even weighed myself as soon as I got home and still had this difference. It really discouraged me.
  • Quote: YAY thank you so much can't wait to try it!!! How did you like it..does it have a similar taste? I am not a big fan of WF dressings or the sauces except for the jams! I bought a couple and they are all in the fridge and not being used =/
    I love it. it's my fave!
  • Thank you all for the support! I'm back from my tap class and happy to report that I did not give in! I came home, had my supper (grilled pork loin and broccoli) and went to my class. Tap completely turned it around for me and I feel great now! I just had my chocolate RTD and I'm going to be getting ready for bed soon. It was a good day!

Blue&White: You look just gorgeous! What a great picture!
  • Quote: found this one...hope it helps! I use dehydrated onions myself it's a great simple meal

BIG MAC (no cheese) IN A BOWL

• 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *

• Salt and pepper, to taste

• 1 teaspoon minced dry onions

• 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces

• 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing

• 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

(I should note that I used fresh onions instead of dry)
    Thank you!!!!! I have been looking for this recipe forever as well
  • Quote: hey everyone,
    I went for my first weigh in today, and according to the scale my coach has, I'm only down 2.5 lbs, but according to my scale, I'm down 12. anyone know why there might be a discrepancy? I even weighed myself as soon as I got home and still had this difference. It really discouraged me.
    Well, I don't want to offend anyone, as I know some have strong opinions about only weighing on the coach's scale. However, my coach's scale was really all over the place compared to mine (once was. 10 lb difference like yours) and it really messed with my head in those early weeks. It helped when my daughter, who's in health care, told me those scales do need to be calibrated from time to time, and aren't necessarily infallible.

Anyway, while I go for my weigh-ins, and record both weights, the one I consider 'official', is mine at home.

I know it's hard, but try to not let it bring you down. Just observe both for now, and before too long, you'll have clothes that are too big, and measurements that are changing, and the number on the scale will just be part of the whole picture.