Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 1/6-1/12

You're on Page 2 of 17
Go to
View Poll Results: How many people currently reside in your household?
2.56%
30.77%
17.95%
30.77%
10.26%
5.13%
0%
0%
0%
10 or more
2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hi Everyone,

I had a good weekend and am ready to start the week.

Melf: How did that scale thing happen to a nice lady like you? I have heard that stress can effect a person’s
    weight.

Monet: WOW! You do sound like a very busy one today. Your spirits sound high and it makes me want to get
    moving myself. What is the name of the HF Coop that you and your daughter go to? I pass through the Atlanta on
    my way to NC and I might be able to get there sometime.

Jack-K: My goodness, you were very very good to attend the parties and have absolutely no alcohol. Good for you.
    I bet you felt good about doing that as well as your body appreciated it also. I finally, after 3 days got that 1 1/2
    pounds off from having the rita and chips. Have I learned my lesson? Well, for now. I get very innovative when
    my groceries get low.

Tranquil: I am so happy to hear that you will still be coming to Orlando. I will be happy to push the wheelchair if
    need be. I am sorry that you are feeling so poorly, though. Maybe we will be able to at least get your mind off the
    pain for awhile.

Miata: Years age,I cut out the pieces for an Almish quilt. I put it away and now can’t find the picture or the
    pattern. I suppose I should just make up a new design and get on with it.

HeartM: Many congrats for putting the candy back. What motivation was the turning point?

Mel: Ouch! Not only do you have tons of pain but the saddness. We will miss you. I wish there was some way
    you could still make it to Orlando to join in on some of the non-race fun. I am still available for wheelchair duty.

Sef: Is your ear still improving? That stuff is no fun. Do you need to see a doctor? Just worried about you.

BOB: Bummer! I had really looked forward to meeting you in person. Maybe I can join up with you at Traveler’s
    Rest some time to make up for it.

Sweetbeater: Gatorgal’s pancake recipe sounds great and I have a another recipe you might try. This recipe is for
    Buttermilk Pancakes. 1 egg, 1 cup of SGWW Flour, 1 teaspoon Baking Powder, 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda, 1/2
    teaspoon Salt, 1 Tablespoon Agave, 1 cup Buttermilk (I use the dry type and mix it with water) 1 Tablespoon
    Canola Oil. I beat it all together with a wisk and drop it by 1/4 cup size onto a hot griddle. Let me know what you
    think.

VR: I was so glad to see your post. Welcome.

Gatorgal: Your schedule does sound busy. That weekend you talked about is not this coming weeked is it? This is
    the weekend of our get together, isn’t it. Am I confused. (As usual.) You are going to be with us aren't you?

I’m off to take care of the laundry.
  • Good Monday Afternoon Everyone

It's been a heck of a night last night. I got a half-hour sleep. If anyone noticed what time I started the boards, you'll see I was bright-eyed and bushy tailed (unfortunately) at 3:00am. I don't know why, I was tired, or so I thought. I went back to bed, but couldn't fall asleep til it was just about time to wake up. Needless to say, I'm exhausted and didn't get in my walk.

Also, I have to confess, my eating has been for Lots of excuses, none of them good. Too much going on and no other way to find a release except with the food - what can I say I'm weak! I thought I'd be able to get back on track today, didn't happen. Will be tomorrow though - I just have to.

My Aunt is still alive, though many keep giving their speculations. I took the kids to see her yesterday, to say their last goodbyes. With school and everything else it will be hard to take them to see her today. From what my Uncle said yesterday, well, he didn't think she'd make it the next 24 hours, but has gone beyond that at this point. He's a Internist and looked at her eyes and said it was very near. They said they are extremely yellow. At this point, I hope she goes quickly.

Of course, I'm bummed about MEL & BOB!

I've put things off that have to be done, not only with cleaning and other things in the house, but with getting ready to get the gals on Thursday and leave Friday. I have to get on the ball because everything will start happening before I can turn around in a circle!

Gotta run, wish it was literally, but do have some stuff I need to get done. I hope you understand if I can't reply to everyone right at this time. When I could yesterday, Michael was on the computer from the second we got home from seeing my Aunt til 2am this morning. He is studying for finals this week and between him and Lauren needing the computer my time on it is almost nil. I will try and get on here to post as I can, but I hope you all understand!!!

ORLANDO BOUND GALS I will be e-mailing you all later on today, so do check your e-mails!!!

{{{HUGS}}} to you all

Debbie
  • YellowRose--I will be with y'all on Friday for as long as you want me. But I won't be there Saturday. Several months ago we had invited some friends to attend a football game with us in Gainesville, including spending the weekend in a cute B & B, a lovely tailgate luncheon, game tickets, etc. But my DH's aunt died unexpectedly and we attended her funeral instead. Since we cancelled the weekend for our friends, we are replacing it with a one day trip to watch a basketball game, with lunch and dinner. No overnight stay. This is one of the two home games on a Saturday that we can attend, so this was pretty much when we decided a while back to go. Sorry I'll miss the activities on Saturday, but I will have fun with everyone on Friday. Sorry that Big Orange Babe and Mel can't come. We will be leaving here about 10 am. and the challenge for me will be to get my walking in and be ready on time to leave, since we won't be back home until about 9 pm.
    Mel, I'll help Yellow push the wheelchair on Friday if there is any way you can come.
  • Hi,

Gator: Whew! I was afraid we wouldn't get to see you at all. Stay with us as long as you can. Will we get to see you at all Sun? I know, I am being pushy.
  • Hi Monet....I don't know what part of the cow the tri tip is, but it usally comes in a roast, and you trim itup and cut it into steaks..It is the best best best tasting steak in the world. Esp if you take the time to merinade it. Sometimes it is expensive and sometimes it is 1.99 for an untrimmed roast.....And all you got to do is trim itup and cut and freeze..It is also a great bbq meat, oh my gosh it is my absolute favorite!!!

Try to find it, you will like it..

Kathy
  • Melf- Hope the move goes smoothly. Three months can be a VERY long time to have extra people around!

Gracious- I’m with you on liking things in a routine. Preschool doesn’t start back until Wednesday, so it’s been interesting at our house. Just one more day!

Monet- WTG on that pound! Feels so good when the numbers head south!

Sweetbeater- My friend just told me that Kashi now has out a frozen blueberry waffles that are legal! She found them at the health food store, I haven’t tried them yet, but she says they are delicious!

Fillise- Thanks for sharing the Prevention article. Good to keep in mind!

Toni- So true about everyone “jumping on the bandwagon” (although some of have been falling off it lately). I read Marilu Henner’s book a while back and it was a lot of the same things also. Although she also preaches giving up dairy…sorry isn’t going to happen for me!

GatorGal- WTG on the party-eating. That’s when I have the hardest time. Don’t envy your daughter at all. I went through that about 3 years ago. I haven’t had a cigarette since, but I still occasionally crave one! Also, thanks for that Motivational thought. I’ve really been focusing on the fact that my body is a temple of God. I wouldn’t throw a whole bunch of garbage on the floor and pews at my church, so why should I do that with the temple I carry around all the time. It’s so true that we must strive to make each moment of our days an act of worship. Really helps keep your attitude in check too!

Well, I survived the weekend. Went off plan at my Grandmother's yesterday for lunch, but actually got back on for dinner last night. That is a huge feat for me. Usually if I cheat once, it's a couple of days before I'm doing well again.

Doing well so far today. Just had some Triscuits to save myself from attacking our music minister's chocolates he left on his desk. I even managed to get in a 30 minute walk on my lunch break.

--Kat
  • Good afternoon to all.............Well I just started today on SB and so far so good......For breakfast ate eggs with cheese and for lunch I ate a hamburger with cheese and chili (only 1 slice of the bun) Hope I am doing this right.........There is 1 place here in Houston that follows the SB diet ........Really looking forward to seeing the pounds go BYEBYe........Take Care
  • Hey, everyone, and Happy New Year! I only have a minute but wanted to say hello to all of you and to see how everyone is doing. It has been several weeks since I have even been able to get on the Board and though I continue to miss all of you (and I haven't even met some of you newcomers...WELCOME!), I continue to be unable to spend time with you like I used to. Maybe some day soon.

Meanwhile, I am glad to see that some of you managed to make it through the Holidays without gaining! Me, too! As of 1/1/03, I had lost 43 pounds since 8/1/02. My weight loss slowed during the Holidays but it wasn't because I ate off program...I guess I am just at a plateau. But I was glad to keep losing. Congratulations to all who managed. We're on the other side now and doesn't it feel good to be here and the shape we are becoming?!

Take care and I'll check back in periodically when I can.

Love to you all!
  • Good afternoon!
    Man oh man...Have I been OP or what . To the point of punishement..LOL I've cut way back...too far but some of the pounds are coming off and I'll take it for now. I've never really kept an accurate food diary before. But I have been faithful at fitday since Jan 1. That was my goal for this year. It's good and bad seeing what I'm eating. My fat is too high and my protein is too low. But I don't see that changing any time soon. I add about 200 calories in my head at the end of each day to account for any errors or forgotten bites.

Welcome MaeMae! Houston isn't too too far from me. I'm up near Lake Livingston. You'll love this WOE. It's the best.

Tranquil.....(((HUGZZZ))) sorry you are still ill sweetie. Praying.

Gator...thanks for the MM it really hits home and helps.

Mel and Bob...sorry ya'll can't make the trip. Hope the ankle heals quickly Mel. And you mom is feeling better soon also Bob.

LKF...WTG woman! You are doing sooooooo good.

Deb....sorry you didn't get much rest last night. You have a lot on your mind right now. (((hugzz)))

Hey Toni! I was reading your weight loss. You are doing so good.

Gracious...howdy stranger. I bet it today was nice with the kids back in school. Wish mine were in school today..LOL They are realling testing me in the school area lately. My little one finished his assignments early so that was a blessing.

I was gonna try to touch base with all of ya'll but I have salsa cooking on the stove and I need to tend to it. Have a blessed and awesome day.

Love,
    Crystle
  • LKF- Great to see you posting and congrads on you doing so good durning the holidays. I'm sure you'll move off that plateau soon.

CountryMom- I think I did horrible from Nov. till the end of Dec. with a good 8 lb. gain. So you just jump on this wagon with me we can do it. Just one hour, one day, one week at a time....

Maemae- Welcome aboard our little group. Its a good one with lots of support. It just takes a bit to get the hang of it. Do you have the Sugar Buster book?

Mom2Marsh- Hang in there gal you can do it. Everyday will make you stronger, but those first couple of weeks are the hardest I think.

Miata- A howdy to you...

Yellowrose-The pancake recipe sounds sooo good. I'll have to try it.. Thanks for posting.

Debilli-You've got so much on your plate now. Its good you could come on and let us know how its going. Your Aunt is still in my prayers...

GatorGal-Sounds like you have a full week-end planned. Its great you can do both things. Have a blast...

Time to run but didn't want to get behind...
  • HiedieHo All!!

Nothing exciting! Went to NH and to church to make some copies for HFH, then came home and did some more HFH paperwork. I'm done now and thought I'd check in.

I have been really good and OP, clothes are feeling a little looser!

JACKK: Isn't MLK day in January and a holiday? I hate to get behind on the board, takes so long to catch up, then I miss things cause I'm skimming trying to save time.....vicious circle.

TRAQUIL: Hope you feel better for the trip. Egg Drop is legal.

YELLOW: Thank you. I don't go to doctor for every ache and pain, just do my old fashioned home remedies that usually work. If I go to doc I am REALLY sick. Ear is feeling better.

MAE: Welcome! Try your library for the SB it will give ou more of an idea of what to eat and not eat.

For MM:

1. I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.

2. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

3. Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

4. A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

5. The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.

6. Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

7. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

8. Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.

9. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.

10. Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

11. There's always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.

12. Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.

13. Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.

REMEMBER: WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

True friends: How many people actually have 8 true friends? Hardly anyone I know ! But some of us have all right friends and good friends!!!

and:

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE

...one old love she can imagine going back to...and one who reminds her how far she has come...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own even if she never wants to or needs to...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE....something perfect to wear if the employer or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE....a youth she's content to leave behind...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in her old age...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE....one friend who always makes her laugh... and one who lets her cry...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE....a good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a meal that will make her guests feel honored..

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE......a feeling of control over her destiny...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.....how to fall in love without losing herself...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.....how to quit a job, break up with a lover, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.....when to try harder... and when to walk away...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW......that she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW......that her childhood may not have been perfect...but its over...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW......what she would and wouldn't do for love or more...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.....how to live alone... even if she doesn't like it...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW......whom she can trust, whom she can't, and why she shouldn't take it personally...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW......where to go...be it to her best friend's kitchen table...or a charming inn in the woods...when her soul needs soothing...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.....what she can and can't
    accomplish in a day...a monjth...and a year...

My MMs are not always weight related but I hope food for thought!

Shirley
  • Just lost my reply.... I think! So if this shows up twice, please disregard..

Good Morning/Afternoon from the WestCoast!

Quick check-in to let you know I'm so glad to be back on board. Wow, I'm so impressed with the "big losers" - really gives me hope.

The NIGHTS are soooo long when you try not to eat after 7pm..

Gave in Saturday nite around midnight.. I guess it could have been a very eary Sunday breakfast... not!

Sunday night I only made it until 9pm and gave in to a few green olives and wonderful sugar plum tomatoes (grape size) from Trader Joes.

All legal stuff but I'm so weak!! I'll just keep trying one day at a time. I may have to start going to bed at 8p... ha, ha!

Just had an eggsalad sandwich w/o bread .... lettuce wraps!
    Thank God for lettuce...
    and all the other wonderful things that we "can" eat.

Thank you for the welcome back... it'll take me a while to get back in the swing of things.

Gotta get back to work...

You are all in my thoughts!!
  • Just a quickie,
    but I wanted to get a post in while I had the chance. We've been having major computer problems here at the office and of course everyone else instantly becomes computer illiterate when something is going wrong. Spent all morning dealing with that but things are back on track now.

So sorry to hear that Mel and BOB aren't going to make the trip. We'll definitely be thinking about ya, though.

Gotta run but wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone.

Trish
  • Monday afternoon
    Looks like it is shaping up to be another busy week on the board!
    I thought I'd check in again before we get bombarded with posts!

Country--how do you make your salsa?

LKF-WTG on getting through the holidays with a losing attitude! Good to have you back on the board.

Maemae--Welcome! Glad you found us and have started off the new year with a healthy way of eating. On this board we offer advice and help each other out--and also become good friends--so we talk about all life's issues! Your menu so far looks good, though it the bun wasn't whole wheat/no sugar then even 1/2 is a no no. Don't let it get you down, but you really do need to be a vigilant about the white flour as you do the sugar! If you live in a place that is lucky enough to have the Nature's Own Stone Ground Whole Wheat Sugar Free Hamburger buns, then those a legal and you cab actually eat the whole bun! You have to read those bread labels carefully because a lot of bread that claims to be whole wheat is made with enriched flour if you look on the ingredients list--enriched flour is bad. It needs to say whole wheat or stone ground whole wheat when listing the ingredients. Most of us found that when we started this WOE we spent an awful lot of time reading labels--but after a few weeks, you learn what is ok and what isn't and it becomes second nature. Good Luck!

Mom2marsh--Welcome! The bandwagon is quite full now--which is great! Glad you are doing so well.

Miata--I'm going to look for a tri tip roast!

Deb--The week will pass before you know it--get busy! I know it is hard with all the uncertainty about your aunt. I hope she doesn't linger and suffer. I'm thinking about you.

Ok back to work.

Susan
  • MUD PIC
    Don't know if this will work or not since it was sent to me in email- and the pic is a little distorted- it appears that I have squinty eyes and buck teeth,lol- but you can see the mud.