OT: update on my conversation with my sitter

• So I steeled myself to have my conversation with my babysitter as I was on my way home tonight. I had butterflies in my stomach and was very nervous. It took some time to get my son settled down at the computer with headphones (did I tell you my apt. is small) so that she and I could sit on the couch to talk.

I laid things out for her and she was pretty quiet about it which I was not surprised at. She understood about the unemployment and asked a couple of questions, but basically did not seem freaked out. I then asked her if she wanted me to help her find other gigs, etc. (she will still be in our lives - I can use her on weekends, my son loves her and she's known him since he was a baby and she agreed she would love to do that) and she said no and had a sort of smile on her face. I pushed it a little asking specifically about certain people I and she know who I know would want her if they knew she was available, and finally she just blurted out no, because she is expecting a baby of her own! She has kids already and never guessed she'd have another. I never even noticed she was pg, but I know that happens sometimes. I didn't really show myself until I was 5 months or so.

She said she was so nervous about telling me. The timing works out very well. I am very happy for her and also for myself because now I realize that this is actually best for her, as she will be able to collect unemployment through the pregnancy and beyond. Just wanted to let everyone know that once again, I have been blessed with the best possible outcome of a potentially anxiety producing situation. Someone please tell me why I don't have faith in the order of the universe.
  • There are no accidents . . .
    GREAT NEWS!!!
  • Thanks Bea. You are so right.
  • Wow! The universe is unfolding as it should ... for a change!
  • Matilda, I'm so glad it turned out so well! You're a good person and this was truly in the Fates.