Celebrating One Year of Maintenance!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

• On June 19th, 2009, I weighed 295 lbs. That was the day I decided to change my life for the better.

I've had ups and downs. A whole lot of downs the first year, and some ups this year. This year was a stressful year-- changing jobs, moving my family, selling my house and buying a new one, and having way, way, way too much to do, and too much pressure on my from all sides.

In the past, I've had one way and one way only to deal with stress and pressure, and that's binge eating.

This year, I had a couple of times when I fell back into the dysfunctional pattern, but by and large, I've done pretty well.

Then today, I decided to look back at my weight loss charts, and I discovered something that I'd never realized. As of right now, May 23rd, I've maintained my weight for an entire year. I'm not as low as I was at my low point, which I maintained from August through January, but I'm still where I was a year ago.

I just realized what an amazing achievement that is.
  • Great job Uber! That is definitely a huge success!!
  • Yay! That is a HUGE achievement when you have a lifelong dysfunctional pattern, to be able to maintain. I am so thrilled for you!
  • congrats!
  • Congrats :-D Thats so great!
  • That is awesome, Ubergirl!
  • Well done! Thats fantastic!
  • You are right, it is an amazing achievement! Way to go!!!!!
  • WOW! That's amazing. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!
  • Congratulations!
  • Great job !
  • that is really impressive, and inspirational. Congrats!!!!!
  • That's fabulous! Way to go. That really is absolutely fantastic.
  • That's fantastic!
  • You're a rock star! Congratulations!