The Onederland Express - Hop on Here!! #5

You're on Page 6 of 34
Go to
  • I had the day from "HE**" yesterday and today so far. It's crazy busy at work, and people are feeling stressed, my boss is out of the office on vacation for 2 weeks..I'm trying to take care of things...and then a Program Manager told me "in no uncertain terms, this topic WILL be on that meeting agenda"...took all I had to not lose my temper. SHE doesn't own the agenda...my manager and I do--I just let it go...I will let my manager know about it when he gets back and if he pulls it from the agenda, then he can tell her.

Ok...enough about all that!

It has been lovely weather here since Saturday and I have been able to walk every day but Monday--I just took it off since I was getting over the migraine.

My food has been pretty good but I have had a soda here and there and more salt that I probably should..I'm water only today to help with the water retention in my body..and because I feel better when I don't have soda or a lot of salt!

Arabella: Congrats on the NSV! Sometimes, it can take a bit for weight-loss to show on the scale so that shouldn't be the only way we measure our victories! Have fun wearing your "new" shirts!

Cari: I agree that the sugar could have contributed to the migraine, but I'm pretty sure they are hormonal..I have gotten them every month since Sept and it's always around the same week.
    I hope the "salt" gain moves on before your weigh-in. Keep up the good work with being OP.

Briana: We are usually pretty good about posting often..these girls are very inspiring and amazing..I think you will like it here!

Mel: I'm glad you found some of the ideas helpful. Let us know who it helps and how it is going.

Liz & Auntie--Hi!!

Food for June 14--I was at a offsite training--choices were made from what was there
    B=1/2 danish, blueberries and strawberries
    L=side veggie salad with ranch dressing, 1 serv. potato salad, 1 crossiant, cup of broccoli soup
    Snack= 1 can of pepsi, 1 brownie
    D=3 p of veggie pizza
  • Hi--it's a little quiet around here....

I am working from home today and I am amazed at how much work I am getting done! I am glad that we have the option to WFH sometimes; I had a AM appt with the ENT doc--just my 6 month check-in and then I'm having the airconditioning and furnance maintenanced; we do it yearly and usually it's not already been so hot yet--it's working fine but I will go ahead with the maintence as if something does happen, I know they will give me priority.

I gave myself a home pedicure last night--made me feel so pretty. I should have gone for a walk but i just needed the pampering. I love to get professional pedi's but thought I would save a little money and wait to get the professional one next month..I have a wedding to attend so that is a good reason!

Tonight is TOPS--I am hoping for a stay the same. I was a little bit off track at the beginning of the week and I hope it doesn't show up.

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts later.

Food for June 15

B=greek yogurt, 1 cookie
    L=1 p of veggie pizza, 2 cups harvest salad with dressing
    D=Cracker Barrell: cole slaw, 1 corn muffin, okra, 2 serving of baby carrotts
  • Good afternoon girls...yes it has been quiet around here for the last couple of days......what gives???? Hahaha

Susie - now we said NO soda, haha ....I havent had any in quite a while....I did try and have one last Sunday I think and it tasted so surgery I couldn't do it....and I detest diet soda, so I am fine with staying away from it....for now anyway, lol ...I was just thinking the other night it is about time for me to have a pedi ...they look so nice professionally done and the polish seems to stay on forever....but I may, like you, just do them myself until we go on vacation in August then I will treat myself to one...

I had a good day yesterday....starting to have the food cravings and so far I am "winning" as Charlie Sheen would say but who knows for how long....hopefully for a long while....

Hope everyone is okay and looking forward to hearing from everyone !!!
    Later,
    Carri

B - english muffin -100 cals, whipped butter - 70 cals
    L - 3 pc chicken strip from Arbys - 360 cals, and their bbq sauce - 45 cals
    S - banana - 70 cals, kashi granola bar - 140 cals
    D - homemade pizza with bacon and mushrooms - 500 cals
    S - hummus - 80 cals, Kashi pita crackers - 120 cals
    Total for day ------------ > 1485 cals
  • Morning Girls, just a quick stop in to gripe this morning....so mad and/or frustrated , weighed in again today at the same thing I weighed in last Friday and the Friday before...and I have been good ladies....I have been thru this before though, sometimes it breaks and I see a good loss, so I am just hanging on ....barely...gonna go out to eat tonight with my sister to TGI Fridays...so hopefully after my weigh in disappointment I can still stay OP there ...have a good weekend all ...sorry to be a downer...
    Carri
  • I stayed the same at TOPS last night...whew!! I had a little self-talk with myself, it went like this:

"Girl, you know you LUCKED out there. Thank goodness you had done some walking, it saved you.

You know it doesn't feel very good to get to Wednesday and realize that you may not like what those scales say, and it's all do to the "game playing" that you do sometimes.

Oh, you know what game I'm talking about, you tell yourself it's ok to overindulge on Fri, Sat and Sun..and why you don't go crazy there are little things that you let slide on those days..then you set yourself up for a hard time on Monday to get back on track. *sigh*..I know, but let's deal with this now, so that when you get on the scales next Thursday you KNOW you don't have to worry about a gain and stop praying to the "Stay the Same" god."

I find self-talking is a very good thing for me--it get's my head straight and that is where I win/lose at this; in my head first.

My head is straight today.

Carri: Sorry that the scales aren't showing you what you want, but I bet if you hang on and stay OP until next week's weigh-in you will have a really good weigh-in.
    And you are so right about the soda--although I like the sweetness...I really shouldn't have it not only for weigh-loss purposes but because of my IC. Only rootbeer is IC friendly and if I have it, I should count it as a dessert and no dessert for me if I have a rootbeer with my meal.
  • OMG, I am just so sick of all the cloud. We had maybe an hour of sunshine since last Sunday. Yesterday was supposed to be sunny and it was partially sunny for about a half-hour. It's so depressing! But what can you do?

I seriously don't remember such a dismal spring in my entire life. This is like the third month that's been all cloud -- 28 out of 32 days they said at one point and that seems to be the way it's been all spring.

Susie, it sounds like you're doing some good self-talking. You're right -- we'll never get good results from effort for half of the week. Seems to be that we have to work at this thing to make it work, huh.

This battle really is won/lost in our heads. That's where all the trouble comes from!

Carri, it's really frustrating to stay OP and not lose but it so often seems to be like that. But we do know that if we have a plan that works and we work it, it'll work. Or something like that.

Re: quiet -- seems to get like that in the summer.

Ok, just going to and then walk over to hot yoga.

Have a great weekend!

• Ok--I am starting to get worried about Liz...it seems so long since we have heard from her...Liz--you are missed.

And Auntie and Mel, you are missed too! I know you have both talked about having trouble being "here", in both the physical aspect and the mental one. I just want to say that if you are having a bad time or the scales are yo-yoing or even going up, it doesn't matter..please come and share--for me that is what this forum is, to share the good and bad times and to learn from, inspire and be picked up by each other.

Arabella: We had the same sort of spring--there were times I thought I might loose my mind if the sun didn't shine; so I know how you are feeling. Hopefully, the hot yoga helps you to feel better mentally and physically.

Cari: How did you do at TGIF Friday's last night.

We kept our 4 year old "nieces"..they are good friends of our daughters--they actually have 4 girls. So, they stayed the night with us last night. We took the to Wendy's for dinner, then went to a shopping area we have about 30 min from where I live, it's called The Greene and it's like a little village with storefronts--they are stores you would find in a mall, and resturants and a towne square. They have a fountain in the middle of the square where water shoots up from and the kids play in it and there are bands playing on Friday and Saturday nights. People take their lawn chairs, blankets, sit on the steps and benches around the square and hang out, listen to music, watch their kids play in the fountain or watch other's kids..it's really fun to just be there, so that is what we did with them last night. It was a lot of fun.

We are getting ready to take my Father-in-Law out for dinner in honor of Father's Day tomorrow--my dad has passed and I am lucky to have a great father-in-law, so I am honored to spend time with him.

Oh, one more thing to share. Each week at TOPS, the biggest loser gets to pick a "Make a Change Challenge", it can be anything that we should be working on to loose this weight and make a part of our lifestyle. This week the biggest looser choose to "not take second helpings". If you do, you pay a quarter for each time you did, up to a dollar for the week. It's all on the honor system. I'm not one to do seconds very often with regular food, but I know I do with chips and such so it's something I am very aware of this week. Maybe that will help one of you to think about and try.

Food for June 18
    B=blueberry greek yogurt, 1 cookie, water
    L=Veggie burrito, water
    D=Sour cream and chive baked potato, 1/2 apple spinach salad (I had them leave the chicken off since I don't eat chicken), with a low-fat promgrante dressing. (I really liked they had this option and it was very good and said with the chicken and dressing it has 343 calories for the half size). Water
    Snack=1 dip of chocolate custard ice cream, water
  • Hi girls- still reading the posts, so wanted to let you know I'm still here. I've fallen off the wagon again, but it's also been an insane week. My FIL is in the hospital and things have been very shaky.

I always hope to have time "later" to catch up, but then I feel like I'm too far behind to respond to all the posts, so I put it off and think I'll have time later, and the vicious circle continues...

Anyway, hoping to get back in business tomorrow, and I'm confessing right now that I'll never catch up on the posts, so congrats on all good stuff, and sorry about all bad stuff. I know, I'm lame.

Here's hoping for a better tomorrow!
  • Morning Girls, getting ready to head out to see my Dad for Fathers Day and give him his gift, gonna have lunch at my Mom and Dads...my Mom has said that the lunch is low cal so I am glad about that, some pork roast and lots of veggies...

well I jumped on the scale this morning to give it a second chance and was pleasantly surprised...it read 222.4 ....so two down from my dissapointing weigh in on Friday, I know sometimes the body has to play catch up...so I just need to be patient once in a while...so glad that I decided not to go off plan when I saw the numbers on Friday, normally I do that....

Susie- I did really well at Fridays...I had the Key West Shrimp and a side salad with just dipping my fork in the blue cheese...you really can go out to eat and stay OP you just need to know what to ask for and get...we went out yesterday afternoon with dh's father for his fathers day to Logans Steakhouse and there I got their grilled chicken with no sauce, some mushrooms and another side salad...all in all I feel really good about myself lately...

Liz - I agree, I am worried too, you better hop back on and say hi I know you probably are just busy.

Mel - Hi Hon - hope all is well !!!

Auntie G - you are not lame, haha ...you can get back on ...you are like me, stress throws us off easily...hope all is getting better with your father in law

Arabella - I like some cloudy days but that would get old, sort of how we felt here with Winter, it really seemed to drag around here ...hope you get some sun soon !!!

Okay, well gotta head out, hope all the fathers you know and love have a great Fathers Day !!!

Later,
    Carri
  • sooooooooooooooo quiet .............are you all sleeping in this morning? haha
  • Good morning everyone. I had a 8:30 training to attend at work this morning...the morning is just shot..I told myself I will focus after lunch.

Busy week for me this week. Tonight I'm helping my DB with his babies for a few hours after work. Tuesday night I'm going to a "Football 101" event with a friend. It's something that a local college team puts on for women...she loves going to this and has begged me to go every year, so I'm going this year.

I don't like when I don't get to go straight home right afterwork but sometimes it just works out that way.

I stayed OP this weekend--hoping to have a good loss at the scales on Thursday.

Auntie: You are not lame! and if you fall of the wagon, this is the best place to come to get back on it.
    I'm sorry to hear about your FIL and I hope things improve for him quickly.

Cari: So proud of you for staying OP over the weekend when you were dealing with not seeing the scales where you wanted to see them...it looks like they are going in the right direction now.
  • Girls I am so sorry!! I had my work trip last week to the maritimes, I was gone from Wed-Fri and insanely busy, and then this weekend I had a stomach bug, yuck!

Anyways I feel like I've been gone too long to properly catch up but I'll try a bit...

Carri - YAY for 2 pounds down!!

Susie - Have fun helping your DB with the babies and good for you for staying OP over the weekend!

Arabella - Yeah everywhere I went to visit customers in Nova Scotia & New Brunswick people were complaining about the rain...so dismal to have so much rain for so long. Here's hoping summer will be very good to you guys!! By the way I don't think it was very nice the way you looked at me like I was crazy when I was chatting you up - I knew it was you with the red carnation!!

Well my work trip was good although I had a car accident on Friday...I hit a deer on the highway. I didn't take the extra insurance on the rental and decided to rely on my own insurance because I am, well, dumb, and now I have to pay a $1000 deductible (forgot about that darn deductible!). I am so mad at myself. I was also sick the past few days with a stomach bug and the only good thing to come from that is that I am a couple of more pounds down...not the way I wanted to lose however. After the accident though I was very happy to have lost weight...the driver's door wouldn't open and I had to crawl through the passenger door for the rest of the day - never would have managed it in that tiny little car when I was 230+ pounds.

Anyhow hope everybody has a good day!
  • Morning Girls....looks like it is going to be a nice day here, well just during the day I guess, might storm pretty hard later ...I am going to have a long day...may not get home until about 7 or 8 and it is already making me tired thinking about it ...I have an appt at 5:15 after work and then want to get my hair cut and re-highlighted and you know how long that can take...but it needs to be done...I just like my evenings though at home ...haha

Had another good day yesterday...I did go over my cals by 150 because I went back after the left over bacon that was on the table... dang that bacon !!! lol

Liz - SO GLAD to hear that you are okay and just the car was damaged, hate that you have to pay 1k, that is so much ....I always get the ins just for that reason...glad to hear from you again, we missed you ....hope you are feeling better from the silly bug.

Susie - great job for staying OP all weekend....cant wait to see your loss this THursday. Good luck !!

Hi Auntie G , Arabella, and Mel !!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Carri
  • Liz: So very good to hear from you, but so very sorry to hear about the damanged rental and the $$$ YIKES! But cars and money are replaceable, not people.
    I hope you are feeling better. Your comment on why it was good that you lost the weight was a good one--I'm adding it to my reasons for why I need to loose this weight...you just never know when you might need to crawl through a car window!

Cari: I like my evenings at home too. Getting your hair done tonight will make you feel better and maybe give you some energy too?

Hi Mel, Arabella, and Auntie. Also, I know we have had some newbies pop in every so often, so if you are lurking...Hi to you too..and come post with us!

I'm WFH today and tomorrow. We had a waterheater issue; it won't stay lit. We tried some inexpensive repairs and they didn't work, so need a new one. Of course it's a strange size, but luckly a local place had the size. So a plumber is coming tomorrow and when it is all said and done, I'm about $700 poorer between the heater and the labor. UGGGGG!!

BUT, I dont' feel like overeating due to this stress and I'm happy about that.

Food fo June 20
    B=rasberries,blueberries and strawberries, 1 boiled egg, 1 bagel with lowfat cream cheese
    L=Healthy Choice, Aisian Pot stickers
    D=2 p of cheese pizza (my brother ordered it for dinner)
  • Hello,
    It's cloudy and overcast today but it's warm out. We had some major storms last night and I am thankful to not have damage.

I am happy to report that I have a working waterheater now! My husband and I were discussing if we were going to really go somewhere on vacation in July and I told him I didn't think so..maybe just some day trips, the other time we can take long hot showers! lol

I did something fun last night. I went to a event called Football 101 that the Cincinnati Bearcats put on for women. It's a fund raiser for the college and for the University/UC medical research for women's health. That fundraising goes toward the fight of breast cancer. The head of that department spoke and told us about some of the clinical trials that the donation will help support and the equipment. Ladies, they are making great strides every day in reseaching how to diagonise early, with less evasive procedures for breast cancer. I truly believe this will be the path to a cure one day.

As for the event, it was a lot of fun. They had Panera catered for us for dinner and while the rain cancelled some of the field activites were were going to experience we had great indoor sessions on the rules of football, with a manual that was written for women! These sessions were taught by the coaches who were so funny! We also so the equipment room, training room, learned about the nutrition for the players, their life at college and how they keep Graduation at the top of the achievements for the football players and all student athletes.

There was also a "fashion" show by some of the players--they sure did look nice in what they had on and what the didn't! lol It was fun to meet the players. It was just a fun time.

Looking forward to reading your posts!

I stayed OP with eating there and I think the scales will show a loss for me tomorrow night as long as I keep OP.

Food for June 21
    B=berries, 2 boiled eggs
    L=hummas and crackers, cole slaw
    D=1/2 veggie panera sandwhich, bag of chips, side salad, 1 brownie

It was just a really fun time.