The Onederland Express - Hop on Here!! #5

You're on Page 22 of 34
Go to
  • Do you hear all that huffing and puffing?! It's me, running to get here and catch-up. Work is CRAZY busy this week. I've been coming in at 7 and leaving at 7 and it looks to be the pattern the rest of the week. This is the time of year that we decided what projects will be marketed and there is a lot of info to enter in the databases--that is part of my job. So one person processing work of about 250 people!

I did get a walk in last night..didn't get one in on Monday and made a decision that I would last night and will again tonight. It just makes me feel better.

I'm keeping my food journal up to date and I have been at or under my calorie limit except one day and that was Sunday--I was over by 107 calories.

Mel: Whoo hooo for you for staying in ONEderland! and so nice to have you back.

Carri: I love lazy weekends and I hope to get one soon!

Teri: I would be interested in these shakes as well so if you want to PM me....

Arabella: How are you?

Auntie G: Are you hanging in there?

Has anyone seen or heard from Liz? I miss her.
  • Morning Girls, had a small NSV yesterday with not having any soda all day ...and I have been on an all out Orange Fanta binge for the last month or so, so that was a good thing for me ...and it was caffiene free so no caffiene withdrawal which is very nice...trying to make my store list for next week, trying to decide for breakfast and lunches since I bring them both to work everyday...hard to figure out things for lunches and not get board...I am so sick of cold lunch meat sandwhices....blech

Susie - yay for getting your walk in ...hope work slows down for you so you can catch your breath...although I always say I would rather be too busy that slow and bored, which sometimes my job is...

HI to everyone else and have a great day !!!

Carri
  • Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing good! had to get my garage door fixed today bc the spring broke...and had to get my fridge fixed. I hope nothing else goes wrong around here! diet has been crappy and weight going up and down...talk to you all soon!
  • Ok, a few people asked what I do for my protein shakes. Here it is:

I buy any kind of protein mix that is a "complete meal" that has all the vitamins and nutrients I need. There are several great ones at the health food store and I buy some directly from 2 different companies. The key is finding nutrition packed shakes that I really like the taste, I add 1/2 water, 1/2 soy or almond milk and sometimes a scoop of tasteless fiber. I also add ice cubes or I even take my soy milk or almond milk and make ice cubes out of them and add that to the shake. Everyother day of so, I throw in 1/2 of a frozen banana and I always put it in a Bullet type blender and it's awesome.

I add flavorings such a pure extracts such as mint, black walnut, even pumpkin spices! I also will add raw carob nibs ( great fiber) fresh or frozen fruit.

Now, not everything at once but I am always concocting some delicious shake. It's funand it makes loosing weight enjoyable for me!

Hope that helps.

Oh, my weight has been going up and down a couple pounds the past couple days. True confession, I hit a buffet, but ate healthy. Still I know volume counts! Back to yummy shakes and I'll be fine!
  • Thanks Terri for the shake ideas. I'm going to try making some of my own.

What does everyone have planned this weekend? We have a wedding to attend Saturday evening but other than that we don't have a whole lot planned and I hope to keep it that way! I need a weekend with some down time.

My TOPS weigh-in was last night and I stayed the same. I really thought I lost; I felt like I did but the scales didn't show it..so maybe a bigger loss next week. Sometimes that happens. I'll just keep plugging away because I feel so much better now that I'm staying in my calorie range and moving again. Not all victories are at the scale right?

I have a very busy day at work today--working against a 5:00 deadline to have our masterplan locked down. It's going to be a bit stressful (the whole week has been!) but I have my water bottle and gum so bring it one!

Looking forward to seeing lots of posts from everyone.

Have a great day everybody and as Arabella says, "Let's do this!"
  • Hey ladies. I lost .6 pounds this week...better then gaining right! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
  • Hey Mel! A loss is a loss so congratulations on the loss.

Ladies...I have been WAY of track today...why, oh why do I sabatoge myself?
  • Happy Monday!

I am in a much better frame of mind today and ready to take on the world again.

How is everyone else?
  • Hey ladies!

Susie - Thanks for missing me!!! And sorry for being completely MIA.

Mel - Great to "see" you!! Congrats on .6 pounds gone!

Carri - YAY for not having any soda!!!

Hope everybody is doing well, I am back to my "normal" now after my much anticipated cruise last week! It was absolutely fantastic, I honestly can't say enough for Disney and their levels of service, we were on the "Dream" ship and it was beautiful. I would love to go again one day but we'll see!! The food was amazing of course, and tons of it to be had...I didn't really count and ate more than I normally would but managed to maintain I think due to the pretty much constant level of activity! The ship of course is huge so tons of walking, tons of fresh air and swimming...sigh I'm ready to go back. Anyways wanted to check in!
  • Had a day of just letting myself eat. I have not done that in a LONG time. I am not getting on the scale for a couple days as I get back on track. I honestly really wish I did not go through this today, but I did. I just have to get focused and get back on track.

Honestly, it's been my toughest week to date and today my most challenging. So, I gave in. I almost wanted someone to lock me in a cage and not let me near any food. But that would be silly, so I gave myself one day and now I won't crave like crazy.

I am NOT getting on the scale for a few days so that this does not effect my thinking.

Especially after just getting into Onderland. Has anyone else gone through this kinda crazy????
  • Terri - I've definitely heard of that, getting to a major goal like onederland, and then kind of slipping off track a tiny bit. There was a good picture on the 100 pound club, in a post about motivational pictures (if you look for it) and how the line from start to goal isn't a straight one, it veers all over the place! Anyways it was one day, so put it behind you and move forward!

I had a huge snacky day yesterday! I've been having a bit of a hard time adjusting back from the cruise. My redline weight is 135 and I'm at 134.8 this morning, so gotta watch out! It's incredible how a pound or two can really make a difference now to how I feel. I used to think it was so stupid when people complained about 5, or even 10 pounds...I was like "what's the big deal!!"...haha times have changed.

Anyhow just sitting here drinking my huge coffee trying to get into work - hope everybody has a great day!
  • Hi everybody !!!

Liz - so great to hear from you again ...I knew you were on the cruise so I knew you would be back, haha ...so glad you had a great time...I would love to do a cruise at some point to but always worry about gettng sea sick, did any of you have any of that ?

Teri - Dont worry about the one day slip - sometimes I have weeks of them like now ..but my bp is up, at dr yesterday is was pretty bad, so I am sure I need to get my butt in gear before my next appt at end of Nov.

Susan - wish your new frame of mind would rub off on me, haha ...

Hi Mel - congrats on the loss ...we take any loss we can

Arabella - hey there girlie !!

Hope you all have a good day, not much going on here, my allergies are drivnig me NUTS, they always do in the Fall, so I am sitting here completely stopped up, trying out Zyrtec today and see how it works, so far not impressed.

See ya !!
    Carri
  • I just love you all and the wonderful positive feedback. Thank you so much.

Yes, just one challenging week and one very big challenging day is not the worse thing. The worse thing is giving up.

Let's all do one really positive thing for ourselves TODAY! Something we might not normally do and then share it tomorrow. What can you do today that will help you into Onderland or to keep you moving to your goal?

So, be kind to yourself and know I really appreciate you all and your wise words of encouragement and wisdom!!!!
  • Carri - We had some rough seas at the beginning and there were many people who were sick! My DH was sick, and DS was a bit too...I felt queasy for a few hours but quickly got over it with the help of gravol. DH was fine after a few hours too as was DS. It was so rocky - I was really happy when things calmed down....my MIL has mobility issues and walks with a cane so the rocking of the ship was a huge challenge for her. Thank goodness we moved out of the storm and then things were smooth for the rest of the trip. Hope the zyrtec kicks in for you!!

Teri - I like the idea of doing a positive thing! I'll have to think of something, haha...although today is my horseback riding lesson which I started a few months ago, and I feel like that is a positive thing for me...it's something I wanted to do for years and years but felt I was too large to really do....well now it is something I really enjoy!
  • As a positive thing, I actually let myself have a nap in the middle of the afternoon! It really helped me alot. I usually just push myself, which is good but yesterday it just felt like a nurturing luxurious thing to do and it was.

Also, I ate like a saint and I'm back on track. My weight loss for the month is really nothing but at least I'm back on track. Thanks again for all the insightful words of encouragement....

Chugging along...Onederland Express....choo choo.