The Onederland Express - Hop on Here!! #5

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • Day 4!
    Tomorrow's WI and I'm hoping that I'll register a loss. Not there today. Ah well, it will come off.

I decided to go closet shopping yesterday. Tried on a pair of next size down jeans that are almost comfy. They don't have any stretch to them, though and are just a bit tight so not really comfy for sitting. Any day now, though! Also a nice pair of pin stripe black/white pants that are almost ready.

I'm going back to edit my rules - yeah, I know that's against the rules. But I'm adding in one restriction and one allowance so I figure it balances out. No eating except at the table is the restriction (I've been following it but just didn't have it in the rules) and minimal inst. no junk. I had a handful of rice crackers yesterday and I guess I want to be able to do that. In theory, I'd make popcorn instead but it seemed like too much bother.

Auntie g, that's awesome that you haven't lost ground! You're so close to Onederland!

Oh I feel for you on the job search. Nevertheless, it may be the point where you find your dream job.

Liz, my sister and I used to dream of fenced in yards when our boys were little. We'd use the phrase like a mantra, gazing off into the middle distance: "fenced in yaaaaarrrd"

Carri, I was cleaning yesterday too. I got my fridge cleaned, which really needed it. I've got a friend that says it takes a day to clean her fridge. Don't know what she does to it, I must say.

DH & I are celebrating my birthday today because he's away next week. We just got back from our long Sunday walk and now he's making breakfast. I'll go over to hot yoga at noon, then come home and clean up and have a nice little siesta. Then off to the beach for a couple of hours and home for lobster, salad and cold white wine on the deck. We've got a hot and day!

Have a fabulous day, Lovelies!
  • Hi Everyone. I am officially on vacation ! We are going to a water park today. I have my sunscreen with me for sure...and I'm not thrilled in my bathing suit but then whoever is right?

I just tried to read through the posts I missed; it was so crazy at work on Thursday and Friday trying to get ready to go on vacation--I worked both nights in the office until 8:00 p.m!

Getting ready to take DH to have his yearly blood draw and then to get some breakfast and then our friends will be here to go to the water park with us. We are going to the Florence Auquatic Center. It's in KY but only about a 1 hr away. Doesn't Mel live in KY?

I'll try to do some personals tonight or tomorrow.

Hang in there girls...there is a lot happening with us individually but we can stay OP and get this weight off or for Liz--keep it off.

Very quickly, Liz and Mel: this time last year I was dealing with my job ending as well...very stressful for sure but have faith it will all work out and any company that hires you will be better for it!
  • Hey ladies!

Arabella - Yeah I think it's OK to add a restriction and add an allowance....besides in my world rice crackers aren't junk, haha. I bet you dreamed of fenced in yards! I can't imagine if right now I had to worry about where they are every second...what a pain in the arse! Hope you had a great early birthday celebration!

Susie - Happy vacation!! Yeah I'm not happy in my bathing suit either, although now that I have a skirted bottom I'm a little happier. Have a great time at the water park!

Carri & auntie g & Mel -

I had a good weekend...we had a bbq last night with some good friends and we had lots of fun. And then on Friday we had a birthday party for my niece who just turned 9. So lots of food temptations but managed to stay OP and am 133 today (I've been boucing between 133-135, 136 is my new redline). I've been thinking I'd like to see what 129 feels like....although people have really been talking to me about how "thin" I am....last night my friend's husband said I look like Jennifer Love Hewitt which is just ridiculous, he said I disappear when I turn sideways!! I mean, come on now, I don't weigh 90 pounds! It makes me nervous to lose more but it is my choice and screw 'em, right?? haha Anyways hope everybody has a great day - I'm working this am and then have a dentist appointment later on. UGH!!
  • Good Morning everyone !! good to see so many of us back on and chatting...I didnt have a good weekend, it was my first ( in a long time ) of totally NOT op weekend...I basically just ate whatever I wanted all weekend
    so didnt weigh in this morning...didnt want to see it, haha

Auntie G - great job with staying the same...I am about 9 pds away from 207 and cant wait to be in the single digits of the twos again

Arabella - I do the closet shopping alot, haha ...sometimes I am pleasantly surprised and sometimes brought to tears, haha ...I have a fenced in yard and I LOVE it, couldnt live anywhere without one again.

Liz - I say do what you want ...yeah you do look slim but I think the reason they say you are so small is because they are used to seeing you so big...you look great, be proud !!

Susie - have a great week off !!!!

Mel - Hi

Well here's to back OP today and all week !!!!

Carri
  • Carri - Here's to an OP week!

Arabella - Sorry forgot to mention YAY for closet shopping!!

I am so looking forward to tomorrow's horseback riding, Tuesday nights are quickly becoming one of my favourite times of the week! Another girl in my class was complaining that we have to catch, groom and tack up our horses, I was like wow I love that part!! haha
  • Morning Girls...gonna be honest I am really struggling right now...I think because I know I am going on vacation in about a week and a half and I am not going to be dieting then...so I am so excited about vacation that I cant full concentrate on it right now ...I know that sounds horrible but it's the truth ...I am hoping I can just maintain for a couple of weeks but we will see...

Last night I had alot of pizza, and I wont be doing that again, way too many calories...just will make normal meals and have a portion for now ...

ughhhhhh ....

plus this heat is doing me in ...dont want to cook in the house, gets way too hot ...today is supposed to be in the high 90's...weather man says it will feel like 115 or more with the heat index...It just takes my energy away...havent been wanting to go to the grocery so it is easier to pick up something bad for me on the way home

I know....excuses, excuses ....

Carri
  • Hi girls -- An aunt died on Saturday. The wake was Monday and the funeral yesterday. Had to cancel my birthday party and have been spending a lot of time with family stuff. I'm tired!

Just wanted to pop in to let you know what was going on.
  • Arabella - sorry to hear about your Aunt ...will keep your family in my thoughts...get some rest !

Carri
  • Arabella - I'm so sorry...I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers! Thanks for letting us know, post when you can. :hugs:

Carri - I know you know this but I'll say it anyways....this is not a diet, girlie! Lifestyle change, right?? Anyways sorry just thought I'd throw it out there! I'm so jealous of your vacation though! I know we just went camping but with Katie running every direction every chance she got, it really didn't feel like a vacation. I really need a few days off!

Anyhow riding last nite was fun, but my butt is sore today! An old friend crawled out of the woodwork today and called me, he's kind of crazy so I'm not sure it's a good thing....he's always got the drama going on - I'm not really looking forward to talking to him. Oh well. DH even thinks I should just not call him, but I have a hard time doing that! Anyhow hope everybody has a great day.
  • Yes Liz you are right ( hangs head in shame ) I gotta get my head around this...thanks for the kick in the pants I needed
  • Hi Ladies,
    I still have a couple days left of vacation but now I'm in the "need to get things done" part of it. Need to make a appointment for DH's car to get an oil change, need to balance the checkbook with the bank statement, need to do some house cleaning and finish up the laundrey, need to make a grocery list and plan meals for next week.......

Monday was the waterpark-so much fun and I vow that next year I will be wearing a much cuter suit! Tuesday we went to COSI, it was fun to be there with friends Grand-daughter and watch her explore, Wednesday we rode horses in the AM for a couple of hours (I thougt of you Liz!) and then just watched movies at home, read, napped. It's been pretty relaxing and I really needed it.

I'm not going to TOPS tonight but according to my scales I would have stayed the same. Not terrific but not bad for "being on vacation".

Arabella: I'm so sorry to hear of your Aunt's passing and that you didn't get to celebrate your birthday as planned. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Carri: It can be hard to focus when vacation time is coming up. At least get into the "maintain" frame of mind so that you won't have weight to take back off after vacation....you know you will be much happier if you don't have to get lbs back off before going forward again.

Liz: I hate it when other people want me to take on their drama....so, if your friend is calling you to do that and you really feel that you need to return the call, then when it gets to the drama, let them know you feel for them but they have to resolve it themselfs, wish them good luck, maybe a little advice, and send them on their way.
    I am glad you are doing the "riding" thing. It is a lot of fun and sitting up on a horse can really clear one's head!

Mel and Auntie: Thinking about you and missing you both.
  • Carri - I do think for vacation maintaining is a good idea....depending on the program you're doing it can definitely be hard to lose, calorie counting on the road is much more difficult, that's for sure!

Susie - Glad to hear you're enjoying your vacation although it sucks when you get to the "gotta get stuff done 'cuz it's almost over" stage! Yeah I think you're right - I'm just not going to involve myself. It just goes on and on! OH well I called and all he did was talk about himself so there you go! haha

Anyhow hope everybody keeps cool today ladies!
  • Hi Girls....another sweltering one here today...high of 99 they are saying and heat index of 115-120 degrees !!! Crazy...we are under a heat advisory and none of us are really outside at all, unless at a pool, haha ...I think Mel is somewhere near me so she is probably getting the same thing...it just blows...you don’t want to do anything, just way too hot and takes the energy right out of ya.

Well I gaine a couple of pounds and realized that I don’t want to go to FL heavier...so I am going back on plan until vacation...I think it is best instead of just going off and gaining more...like Liz said this is a life style change and I need to quit thinking about it as on and off of a diet and just get my head around the forever of it ...plus I just feel so much better when I am OP ...I know I won't be good on vacation so might as well work hard now so I can now worry about it then...I always gain 2-3 on any vacation but I can get that off pretty easily once I get back...AND once I get back my goal is going to be to get off another 25-30 by Christmas....

Liz - I am with Susie, I tend to avoid those kind of friends...I am all for listening but I expect the same in return, and I tend to stay away from drama ( except for my own, haha ).

Susie - glad you have had a good week off ...love those lazy weeks at home...too bad you now have stuff to do, haha ...

Hi to Mel, Arabella, and Auntie G !!!!!!

Gonna go to the grocery store tonight ( after which I will need a cold shower from the heat ) and get more of my good food...didnt make it there last night, just too hot to think about it ...so today is gonna be hotter and I will have to go, so I screwed myself basically lol

Okay well give me strength girls to stay OP until vacation. Have a great day everyone.

Carri
  • Hi girls! Down 1.5 today. It's so flaming hot here, I'm afraid my computer's gonna blow up, so I'll have to wait to chit-chat til the weather cooperates. I'm so behind in everything on the computer! My comp is on the 2nd floor with no a/c, and it's just unbearable! Hope you're all hanging in there!
  • Seems like a lot of us are dealing with "a heat wave, a tropicl heat wave". I'm in Ohio and it has been hotter and hotter each day.

I have everything in order at home and tomorrow will spend a couple of hours on the work computer going through emails so I will have a plan when I hit the office on Monday morning.

I also need to get back into a "loosing weight" frame of mind...and that includes logging my food and exercise again.

Autie: Glad to see you showed a loss and I hear you on the heat.

Carri: Good for you for getting back on plan before going on vacation.

Liz: It was nice of you to call him--and of course he only talked about himself! lol...those kind usually do.

Hi Mel and Arabella