Eye-liner

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • What's a good Eye liner that won't smudge the second you put your finger on it or rub off during the day?
  • Personnaly I use the Perfect Point of Cover Girl. Application is soooo easy! But I have to admit that I sometimes have to refresh it on the long day.

A bit expensive but totally worth it for me!
  • I use Smashbox jet set cream. (it might also come in a pencil format) It's pricey- at 22 buckaroos, but there is more than enough to last me a year. I put it in with a wide, flat brush. It goes on super quickly, is waterproof and smudgeproof. I have fallen asleep with it on (I know- bad Southlake!) and it looks almost as good as it did the night before. (Minus the mascara smudges, since I have yet to find a mascara as vigorous as my eyeliner)
  • hmm how does it work if you put your finger on it? lol I know with my eye liner the second I touch it, it smudges comes off on my finger and I end up smushing it all over my face. haha
  • Mary Kay
    I'm a little bias, but I use the MK brand and also sell it. Message me if you want me to send samples!
  • Quote: hmm how does it work if you put your finger on it? lol I know with my eye liner the second I touch it, it smudges comes off on my finger and I end up smushing it all over my face. haha
    The kind I use is smudgable for about 15-30 seconds at most. After that, You need a qtip and some makeup remover to get it off. (though it comes off very easily with remover) I ended up buying it after I tried it in the store. I put a line of it on my hand, let it dry, then rubbed away and nothing. That bad boy stayed put, and I'm now a convert
  • Omg that Mac liquidlast eyeliner is the best, it never wants to come off lol.
  • Milani Liquifeye, its a creamy pencil liner, comparable to Urban Decay 24/7 at about 1/3 the price. This is what I use on my waterline everyday and it does not smudge and is pretty long wearing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReRY0eRKhR0

• Estee Lauder
  • I use E.L.F. eye liner. It is a liquid liner which means it is harder to apply and very, very easy to smudge for the first minute or so. But after that, it does the job. I don't rub or touch my eyes frequently so I cannot attest to its' hard core staying abilities. But I wear it most every day and I always have to take eye makeup remover to get it off at night.

Liquid liners are super hard to get used to - it took me at least two weeks to truly get the hang of how to apply it correctly. The great thing about E.L.F. liner is that it is in a marker form rather than a brush. With brushes, the bristles tend to get bent or just and lose their straight and narrow shape over time. The E.L.F. eyeliner's applicator is just like a marker - so it is straight and never bends. It's not really like your standard marker-type eyeliners as it does have liquid liner at the end. I'm just referring to the included applicator. It applies just as heavily as liquid liner with a brush (marker eyeliners suck with application!)

OH and the best part about E.L.F.? Their cosmetics are $1 at Target. Double yay! Their cream blush is great, too. The only cosmetics I actually spend money on are foundation and bronzer. I skimp on the eye shadows (I'm a neutral gal) and mascara (I have tried 75% of the mascaras at Sephora - I see no difference between them and revlon/cover girl/drug store brands). I'm sure you could find something super amazing at sephora but at least for me, $1 eyeliner works just fine!
  • H4a5r - hmm I don't have a target here, but E.L.F I think my aunt might have bought me some of that makeup for xmas, I'll have to check out the brand when I get home, but if it is that's the eyeliner I'm having issues with lol. As for liquid eye liner yea I think I'd have to practice using that stuff on the week I have off of work (because 5am applying and reapplying make up isn't enough time haha) just to get it right, half the time the pencil stuff I screw up as well lol, one eye will look great and I'll some how screw up the next eye...lol I agree with you I'm very natural mostly as well, eyeliner and mascura are the only two things I wear and sometimes eye shawdow. I like my green eyes to really pop out so I tend to go dark around the edges.

Southlake - I'll def, look for smashbox I'm sure shoppers drug mart has some somewhere at a ridiculous price but if it's worth it, it's worth it.
  • I hear great things about the Smashbox jet set cream and it it going to be the next liner I try
  • Everything rubs off on me except Urban Decay 24/7 pencils or Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes pencils. Both come in tons of colors!
  • I have found that Urban Decay's Powder Potion used before putting anything on keeps everything in it's place. After the powder potion, I do the base color (something light--several brands used) and then use Loreal pencil liner. I then cover the liner with the same color power (almost always black liner and black powder). Again I use Loreal. Anyway, I think it helps "set" the liner a bit more than leaving it plain. Then I do the contrast color in the crease to shape everything.

Anyway, the Urban Decay powder potion is not cheap, but one tube lasts for months and months.
  • Quote: H4a5r - hmm I don't have a target here, but E.L.F I think my aunt might have bought me some of that makeup for xmas, I'll have to check out the brand when I get home, but if it is that's the eyeliner I'm having issues with lol. As for liquid eye liner yea I think I'd have to practice using that stuff on the week I have off of work (because 5am applying and reapplying make up isn't enough time haha) just to get it right, half the time the pencil stuff I screw up as well lol, one eye will look great and I'll some how screw up the next eye...lol I agree with you I'm very natural mostly as well, eyeliner and mascura are the only two things I wear and sometimes eye shawdow. I like my green eyes to really pop out so I tend to go dark around the edges.

Southlake - I'll def, look for smashbox I'm sure shoppers drug mart has some somewhere at a ridiculous price but if it's worth it, it's worth it.
    Oh I bet it is E.L.F.! Their pencil liner is horrendous. I guess I'm biased, though, because I never met a pencil liner that I actually liked. If you want liner with good staying power - you're definitely going to have to go with some kind of gel or liquid. Take an hour some random day/night and just keep practicing (with makeup remover close by, of course!) And I'm sure there are a ton of tutorial videos on YouTube.