lose it calorie counting app q's?

• ok so I have been using LoseIt calorie counting app on my phone. It tells me to eat 1800 calories a day in order to lose 2lbs a week. but when i go to work out and in put my excercise. it takes the calories away that i burned and tells me to eat more.

for ex: if i eat 1800 calories
    and then workout and burn 400 calories
    when i add it in it tells me i have 400 calories i still need to eat that day.

Should i actually be eating that or should i just be sticking to eating 1800 calories and then burning whatever i burn?

some help would be appreciated. thank you!
  • I, personally would leave it at 1800 calories and not eat back the 400 you have burned.
  • I set mine to lose 1.5 lbs per week. It is automatically set for fairly sedentary activity I believe, but still I don't track my exercise on it because I don't want to eat them back. I like to keep it simple and adding the exercise in just complicates it a bit. BTW I have averaged about 1.5 weekly loss, so it has been fairly accurate for me.
  • There seems to be a large debate on that issue on the Loseit forum. I remember reading one person's theory to eat back only half of the exercise calories. People that wear heart rate monitors say that a lot of Loseit's burned calories are generous. I haven't been in long enough to feel comfortable in forming a complete theory. I have been eating the exercise calories back if I feel hungry. But, I at least get in the the base amount that one of the calculators I used says I need in a day. I believe that mine is around 1400.

I'm still new to this forum, but I believe that I saw this issue covered in the FAQ section as well.

I would love to friend you on the Loseit forum if you are on it.
  • Quote: There seems to be a large debate on that issue on the Loseit forum. I remember reading one person's theory to eat back only half of the exercise calories. People that wear heart rate monitors say that a lot of Loseit's burned calories are generous. I haven't been in long enough to feel comfortable in forming a complete theory. I have been eating the exercise calories back if I feel hungry. But, I at least get in the the base amount that one of the calculators I used says I need in a day. I believe that mine is around 1400.

I'm still new to this forum, but I believe that I saw this issue covered in the FAQ section as well.

I would love to friend you on the Loseit forum if you are on it.
    ooh yes i would love to friend you as well. im setting up an account right now. my email is [email protected]

Quote: I set mine to lose 1.5 lbs per week. It is automatically set for fairly sedentary activity I believe, but still I don't track my exercise on it because I don't want to eat them back. I like to keep it simple and adding the exercise in just complicates it a bit. BTW I have averaged about 1.5 weekly loss, so it has been fairly accurate for me.
    ok cool thank you!

Quote: I, personally would leave it at 1800 calories and not eat back the 400 you have burned.
    ok cool sounds good. cuz i was thing that it was kind of counter productive. lol