~~~Weekly Chat May 16 to May 22~~~

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Thank you so much for the support, Iconised Ghost and Ferumbras!

The tape mesure is a great idea!! I'll definitely try this in the following weeks!!
  • Ack. Wish me luck you guys, i'm going out to lunch with my best friend and it's gonna be an emotional one since we have to talk about me maybe moving away with the boyfriend and EEP my ex is meeting us afterwards because we're still friends and it's gonna be difficult since its the first time i've seen him since he kissed me a few months ago, almost destroying my current relationship and causing a rift between me and another friend who he was dating at the time. *GASP* Drama usually leads to stress eating.
  • @Goody: What an intense day you have planned! Good luck!
  • Godd3shoes , oh my god!! Pretty intense! Good luck with all those potentially dramatic meetings :S and for resisting to the stress eating!
  • So I ended up eating more that I ought to have. Around 1800 calories, which I guess isn't so bad, but I usually stick around 1200 usually. It wasn't too terrible a day for all the drama. Plus it was healthy food. A tuna sandwich, low fat blueberry muffin, whole wheat sandwich thins, fat-free fro-yo and cheddar broccoli soup. I splurged and had soda and a gummy bear, which i desperately needed with everything that happened today. It's nice to be able to come here for support. <3 Thanks everyone.
  • Awww, cool everything went well, Goody3shoes
  • So this morning I did a BodyPump class, which is like a weight lifting to music kind of thing. It wasn't too hard, although I did go easy on the weight since it was my first time. I will be too sore to move tomorrow though. That step class will have to wait.

This time, I was one of two overweight people, although I think the other girl was a little smaller than me, hard to tell, since she was top heavy and I'm bottom heavy.

Also, I couldn't do a single triceps push up, not one. I may have been able to squeeze one or two out if we hadn't spent the previous two minutes doing extensions, but it was still kind of embarrassing.
  • Hey everyone!
    I'm pleased to say that my hard work is (so far) paying off. The scale is trending in a general downward fashion, I'm feeling less grossed out by my appearance, and although my clothes still don't quite fit right, it's getting better.

I'm sad to be working all weekend. Hope you've all got fun stuff planned!
    Time to go squeeze in a bike ride before work, and trying not to be so crabby about work.

*I am thankful for my job* *I am thankful for my job*.... hahaha

doubtingjulia-- Those tricep pushup things are the bane of my existence. I HATE them and generally fall on my butt halfway through, or I just sort of hang there and imagine I'm moving. We'll get better, though!
    goody3shoes-- Glad your night went ok!
  • Thanks guys<3 So today suuuuuucked. Got on the scale this morning, so should not have because I know i'm filled with water from all the salt i ate yesterday, buuuuut ack, I did. Still under 180, so I'm glad. but up to179, which is kinda depressing. I'm gonna try and drink a lot of water today, but it's my boyfriends game night at our apt. so snacks will abound. I refuse to make them dinner though. I have my last bloody final.
    You;re doing so good doubtingjulia, I'm jealous! Keep up the good work!
    Fatpants skinny jeans-woot for the downward trend! Sorry you have to work! Sending fun thoughts your way annnnd a dancing carrot!!!
    Thanks Turbomammoth, things went wonderfully and I was glad for a chaperone when I saw my ex, YIPES. He lost like 15 lbs doing NOTHING, I hate him lol
  • @Goody: Good luck on your final!!
  • Thanks Ferumbras! I just finished it. SUMMER VACA! WOOT!
  • @Goody: Any fun plans for the summer?
  • Goody: A dancing carrot! What an honour!

So, the kid and I are going to brunch tomorrow. (He begged me!) Suggestions/strategies anyone?
  • @Doubting: Depends on the kind of place you go to. Most brunch places, though, will have omelettes and other simple options. Get bacon or sausage as opposed to hashbrowns or pancakes. Or get a fruit bowl. Unsweetened iced tea (or hot tea) if you want something other than water. I find breakfast/brunch is usually the easiest meal to eat on plan in restaurants.
  • So bad today. probably Maintenance level calories but they've all been carby. I've been trying to kill the pasta bake in the fridge before it goes bad, and it is delicious but it puts my daily carb levels way up, and makes me crave more carbs. I'm also stressed out and can feel TOM approaching, it's due tomorrow and I already woke up to 136 today which has me feeling down, plus the stressful BS took away my workout time as well.

The cause of the stress? Suddenly my weekend is double-booked. I am leaving for Las Vegas after work tonight to support my best friend who is bartending at a steampunk event on Saturday. We had planned to stay over in Vegas on Sunday night as well. Add in my dad who was supposed to drive down here with my car (finally) during the week but has a conflict so is coming down on Sunday and I have one pissed off best friend who has to leave Vegas early to get me home Sunday night. On top of that I've had to spend today finalizing the steampunk outfit for her and trying to get housework done for dad visit and had zero time for me to workout or anything. Oh yeah, Vegas is going to be difficult for staying on plan.

sorry for that rant, too much PMS. I hope everyone else is having a better
    weekend.

MiZ Love the haircut, you look smokin' hot!

FPSJ Sorry you have to work but congrats on the scale moving. I love biking to work, makes me feel eco-friendly and like I'm getting some exercise in.

ferumbras My quads are too strong in comparison to my other leg muscles so they are taking on more of the weight in the exercise than they should and throwing off my balance. I was a cheerleader in high school so my quads are very good at upward motion from lifting people and jumping but really very bad at lunging, I'm always pushing back up immediately and almost falling over from bad balance.

Goody3shoes, turbomammoth, doubtingjulia welcome, I am reading your posts just not around as much right now.