Eating while working

• I need some ideas for snacking while working. I find that I can get into what I am doing and not eat until I am starving. I need things that I can eat while working at the computer and answering the phone...
    I have stocked up on
    *Yogurt
    *granola bars
    *mixed nuts

Any other ideas?
    I have spoons & forks in my desk in addition to some granola bars & the nuts. I can't think of what else to try...
  • String cheese.
    Consider a protein drink mix that you can put in water.
    Jerky (if you eat meat).
    Hard-boiled eggs.
    Cherry tomatoes.
  • Baby carrots.
    Sugar snap peas.
    Fruit slices or a bananas.

(In addition to things mentioned)
  • Apples & peanut butter, bell pepper slices with hummus, hard boiled eggs, mini-wraps (some protein & veg in a small tortilla), popcorn
  • fruits! any type.
    canned tuna - the small ones with the paper top/wrap so its convenient
  • I have this problem too and used to go through a lot of fruit in my working day. I'm now trying to cut down on fruit as my sugar consumption (from the natural fruit sugars) was too high each day.

Instead I now have lettuce wraps made from 1 lettuce leaf, 1 slice chicken / turkey and a tsp extra-light soft cheese / hummus. Delicious and pretty healthy
  • I made veggie burgers this weekend and one of my 'snacks' today is a sandwich with one of the veggie burgers. It doesn't need to be heated but could be if I wanted. I also have carrots and hummus and I regularly bring fruit.
  • I like to pack baggies of 100 cal. worth of grapes (1 cup) to bring to work or to throw in my son's lunch.
  • You can also tried dried fruit snacks. I just bought a bag if sunrype sea creature strawberry watermelon dried fruit snacks and they are pretty yummie. They are also no sugar added so that's a plus!
  • Quote: Instead I now have lettuce wraps made from 1 lettuce leaf, 1 slice chicken / turkey and a tsp extra-light soft cheese / hummus. Delicious and pretty healthy
    YUM! Great idea.
    What kind of lettuce do use for that? Any kind? I usually buy romaine because it comes in a big bag at Costco... for some reason I think iceberg would be nicer...

I actually think I am going to do this for dinner tonight!
  • I always have a string cheese and a V8 for a snack at work. Very filling!