Favorite Inspirational Quote?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I don't know if you would call this inspirational,but it sure stuck with me for almost 10 years now! My then teenage son was eating a Subway sandwich and left about 1/4 of it on his plate.(This kid has never had a weight problem and food just was never a big issue to him.) I pointed out that he didn't finish his sandwich and he replied "Mom, I don't eat until I'm full, I eat until I'm not hungry anymore." Wow. What a concept!
  • I'll admit- I used Google. But, these are all great!

Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself.

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?
    If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,
    And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
    Want to know why?
    It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
    I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!
    Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.
    So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
    Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.
    That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.
    Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.
    So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."
    For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.
    And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
    Happy Days!!!
    After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!
    - Author Unknown

You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment.

“You see things; and you say ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?’” George Bernard Shaw

The biggest weight loss secret? Manage your emotions or they will keep mismanaging you.
    – Brian Vaszily

Okay that's all I found in the few minutes that I looked. Love all these quotes! Thanks for the push to work out again today even though my arms are KILLING ME!
  • " Don't about it, BE about it" - That's what I say about my excuses and when I talk about working out instead of doing it.

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are."
    Milton Berle
  • Quote: I don't know if you would call this inspirational,but it sure stuck with me for almost 10 years now! My then teenage son was eating a Subway sandwich and left about 1/4 of it on his plate.(This kid has never had a weight problem and food just was never a big issue to him.) I pointed out that he didn't finish his sandwich and he replied "Mom, I don't eat until I'm full, I eat until I'm not hungry anymore." Wow. What a concept!
    This is amazing! I understand this concept, but putting into practice was always such an issue. I have NEVER left food on my plate, unless I was at a buffet, then I would only leave the gross stuff then go back for another plate of good stuff...horrible I know!

you've got a smart kid!
  • Hi...I am new here but I have a great one......No one can make you feel inferior without your permission....-Eleanor Roosevelt.
  • Quote: "Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork." ~English Proverb

Thats an awesome one