what calorie intake should i be at?

• ok so i have looked at so many different calorie calculators.

some say 2550
    or 2045
    and some say 1800-1500

i want to be healthy! HELP!
  • Well, if you are a healthy person between the ages of 20-40 (an adult, but pre-menopausal if you are a woman) I'd suggest beginning at 1800-2000 calories and doing that for a few weeks. If you aren't seeing half a pound or so gone, lower the calories by 250 and try again.

We are our own science experiments. Pick a number and start testing! Just be sure to accurately calculate the calories of what you are eating (with a food scale and journal) and give it at LEAST three weeks before making any conclusions about whether the amount works for you or not.

That's where I'd start, for what it's worth.
  • I would try 1800 also.it takes a little experimenting to find what works best for you. 1500 may be the right number also but I do think 2550 is too high if you want to see a loss.
  • I eat no junk. I get plenty of protein, healthy fats, 3 servings each of fruits and veggies, healthy snacks like nuts and dairy. My daily ranges from 1200-1600. It really depends on what you eat and how you feel on it. You have to experiment and find what works best for you.
  • anywhere from 1200-1800 i'd think

i was at 1200 at your weight, but i'm also really impatient and don't mind restricting my calorie intake.
  • I tried doing 1200 and lost AWESOME....for a week, then my weight refused to move at all. Now I eat `1600-1800 and seem to be losing at a decent rate. Typically I try to stick closer to 1800 though. The more you can get away with eating now, the easier it will be if you hit a plateau and need to drop your calories.

I probably could get away with eating more and still losing (I have been losing about 3-3.5lbs per week at the calorie intake I am at now), but 1) I am impatient, and 2) I don't want to mess with something that's working...I already struggle to get all my daily calories in!